breakdown by %, woven or knit, gender, name of manufacturer in Hong
    Kong) and they say they've tried contacting oki-ni but haven't gotten a
    response. If i don't get the information by MONDAY, it'll be seized and
    i'll be forced to pay storage until it's resolved, which i don't even
    know when that would be.

I've sent oki-ni an email asking them for the information, but I don't
    know if I'll get in a response in time. I'm just wondering what I
    should do, I literally have no idea. Right now I'm just hoping oki-ni
    even has the information, as it seems they should.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I imagine the jacket said "Made in Hong Kong" or something on it,
    and that's why DHL asked for the manufacturer's name in HK. So would
    that simply be "Maison Martin Margiela"? I know he's got a store in HK
    at least.
  • Komakino
    • Sep 2007

Re: Need info on fabric breakdown + other info on Margiela bomber I purchased

Try calling one the Margiela stores nearest to you:

http://www.maisonmartinmargiela.com/en/stores/

Oki-ni should have been responsible for detailing that on a commercial invoice when shipping it to North America.

G.

For purchasing information please email campbell@darklandsberlin.com

Comment

• bakla
      • Oct 2006

Jeez, that's rather unfortunate. According to what I can tell from the photo on Oki-ni, the body is 100% woven nylon (approximately 90% of the garment), lined in 100% synthetic "sheepskin" lining, with 100% ribbed cotton cuffs (just guessing there). The irony is, that should all be stated in the tag for composition within the jacket.

One other option is to call a Margiela store and ask them if they cold provide the info. They might have a lookbook from Fall which they can refer to.

edit: oop, graham beat me to it!

Comment

• tropin
        • Jan 2008

Thank you both for the quick replies! I'll definitely give one of the stores a call tomorrow. Hopefully they can provide me with the information if Oki-Ni doesn't, although I'd still like them to since I feel that they had that responsibility anyway.

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

Tropin, sorry that you have to go through all of this hell!

This should be a red flag for all others in regards to purchasing from Oki-Ni... the odd thing is, they've been around for years. You'd think they'd be used to the international shipping thing!

I hope it all gets resolved for you soon!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• tropin
            • Jan 2008

Thank you very much for the kind words! I'm sure with the help I'm getting I'll be able to resolve the issue, in case Oki-Ni doesn't pull through. Very strange that they didn't simply supply the information to begin with, though...

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

this is absolutely ridiculous. i hope it gets straightened out. keep us posted.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• tropin
                • Jan 2008

Well I haven't gotten a reply from Oki-Ni, so unless they reply tomorrow they won't have helped me by the time this is over. I found someone on SuFu that owns the jacket and he's given me the basic breakdown of fabric, but I'm waiting to hear back from him about some of the other minor details. Hopefully with his help and the help from MMM in Beverly Hills (I'm calling them in a few minutes) I'll be able to give DHL the information they need and resolve it on my own. Thanks for your help guys, I really do appreciate it! I'll let you know how things go.

Comment

• tropin
                  • Jan 2008

Unfortunately the MMM store couldn't help with fabric breakdowns any (they mostly said Oki-Ni should have been responsible for it rather than putting it on my shoulders), but hopefully the guy I'm talking to on SuFu will get back to me with the rest of the information I need. The store however was quite friendly and gave me the name of the manufacturer in Italy, which is another piece of information I needed. So hopefully by tomorrow I'll be able to send DHL all of this information and get things cleared up... if the guy on SuFu doesn't get back to me, I suppose I'll have to send them the basic fabric breakdowns he gave me and cross my fingers.

Thanks for the help guys, I'll keep you posted! Still no contact at all from Oki-Ni.

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

Man, what a mess! Hope you can get this sorted out. You tried calling Oki ni and no one answered?
                    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• tropin
                      • Jan 2008

Thank you very much! Unfortunately I haven't been able to contact them by phone and I have not received an answer back via email. Because it's a mess I feel I shouldn't have been put in in the first place, I'm sort of turned off of oki-ni considering it seems like it's been impossible to contact them, even for DHL this whole week. I think I'm pretty close to resolving the issue with the help I've received here and on SuFu, but if I don't ever even hear from oki-ni, I think that's a pretty good enough reason for me not to shop there again. They might be fine for orders within the country or something, but this has been a hassle trying to order from the US.

Comment

• Casius
                        • Dec 2006

Well, I think this would be a good reason for no one to shop at Oki ni, in the country or not. If they cannot handle international orders, they shouldn't provide that service to their customers.
                        "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• tropin
                          • Jan 2008

Actually, I'll agree. I expect a website that is 100% online and says it ships
                          internationally to take some responsibility when it comes to this sort
                          of thing. If I hadn't already known of a member on SuFu owning the jacket, I probably would have been totally out of luck.

Comment

• DHC
                            • Jul 2007

[quote user="tropin"]

Thank you very much! Unfortunately I haven't been able to contact them by phone and I have not received an answer back via email. Because it's a mess I feel I shouldn't have been put in in the first place, I'm sort of turned off of oki-ni considering it seems like it's been impossible to contact them, even for DHL this whole week. I think I'm pretty close to resolving the issue with the help I've received here and on SuFu, but if I don't ever even hear from oki-ni, I think that's a pretty good enough reason for me not to shop there again. They might be fine for orders within the country or something, but this has been a hassle trying to order from the US.

[/quote]

I think they've already given you enough reason never to shop with them again.

Originally posted by Faust
                            fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

i've also had numerous bummer experiences w DHL.

Fed ex all the way!!!!

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎