X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • delroylindo
    • Sep 2007

Longrise Trousers

Gonna sew up a pair of long-rise trousers tonight, Did the pattern last night taking inspiration mainly from Ann and LUC. Picked out a nice cotton and had it washed it twice before cutting (once in hot water cycle and once soaking in a salt bath), looks promising. I hope it turns out okay. Will post pics as I need input.
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Re: Longrise Trousers

Nice. Can't wait to see some pictures!
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• delroylindo
      • Sep 2007

Pants are basically done! Will have pics up in a bit. Still trying to figure out if I should put a fixed lining in, or even have like a detachable lining. That way when summer comes around, I'll have2 pair of pants.

Comment

• delroylindo
        • Sep 2007

Finally had time to put the finishing touches on them. Will get pics up tonight. I'm really happy about the fit, but starting to regret not adding a fly.

Comment

• Lizshow
          • Mar 2008

I have some pants that I want to work on. I can't wait to see the pictures of your work. How long did it take?

Comment

• denimfan
            • Feb 2008

any luck with your project? Would love to see pics.

Comment

• delroylindo
              • Sep 2007

Sorry everybody. Project turned out great, just haven't been able to find time to post images, as I've been busy with school and wedding plans and it is such a hassle to transfer images from a Sony digicam. Anyways I wore them out quite a bit and I really like the results. My favorite pants so soft and comfy

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

I dont mean to offend, but maybe there should be a rule, that prevent people from starting threads about projects, until they have something tangible/ visual to show....................
                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• delroylindo
                  • Sep 2007

Ya I totally understand you on this one.

Comment

• delroylindo
                    • Sep 2007

Here's some pics, sorry will get better fit pics up. I find they look nice with boots or high top sneakers, so will definitely get pics of that up soon.

Comment

• delroylindo
                      • Sep 2007

Re: Longrise Trousers (pocket details)

Here are details of the semi-discreet (almost hidden) pockets

Also, the salt bath didn't do much for the fabric in terms of texture, but I think the color change slightly as a result. The fabric was black but the pants are now a "light black" if you can understand that, with a really subtle brownish touch. Iampretty surethat isa result ofthe salt bath, because I compared the pants to an excess clipping of the original fabric and there is a difference between the two. The camera doesn't really capture the "true color" of it.

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Re: Longrise Trousers (pocket details)

I want to give you an honest assesment of the pants but i cannot see much.

you should try to take pictures of it on awhite background. this you can do by speading a sheet or large towel in the area where you are putting the pants to be photographed.

Also some closeup shots of the waistband, back pockets (if any) and hems would be nice.

looking fiward to seeing more..........

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎