X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bakla
    • Oct 2006

Japanese Fashion Magazines

I regularly read Men's Non-no and Huge, and can relate to parts of both. I tend to prefer Men's Non-no because the level of forward fashion appeals to me, even if it may be a bit more Street than the regular styles of SZ, but I myself like a mix. I'm quite certain there are a lot of other Japanese fashion tomes worth looking at. Does anyone have any particular recommendations?
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Japanese Fashion Magazines

I want to know how you read them! [:^)] I once tried looking through one, but I must admit I got quickly disoriented by an absolute lack of text (I mean, I at least would like to know the designers of the garments).
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bakla
      • Oct 2006

The America designers are generally referred to in written English, but I basically use them as visual guides. Frankly, I just see them as shopping catalogues. I also have a few japanese friends who I turn to when I need help identifying an item or two.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

same for me, I read them for inspirationmostly, plus Huge especially has nice photography as well.

I buy Huge regularly, non-no sometimes but the content seems to vary a bit more.. same goes for Popeye and Sense, both are a bit more mainstream than Huge I guess.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• bakla
          • Oct 2006

Popeye! Now I know why in my mind, I kept on thinking, is there a magazine called 'Brutus?"

I pick up Huge at the magazine store like all my other magazines - when a cursory thumb-through reveals certain articles I'd like to view at leisure and/or keep. Fortunately I get Non-no sent to me each month from Japan, along with their version of GQ called Uomo (which really isn't my speed), so I just have to see if I keep or recycle them.

Comment

• Fuuma
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="bakla"]Popeye! Now I know why in my mind, I kept on thinking, is there a magazine called 'Brutus?"

I pick up Huge at the magazine store like all my other magazines - when a cursory thumb-through reveals certain articles I'd like to view at leisure and/or keep. Fortunately I get Non-no sent to me each month from Japan, along with their version of GQ called Uomo (which really isn't my speed), so I just have to see if I keep or recycle them.

[/quote]

There's a mag called Brutus and they have a sister publication called Casa Brutus.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
            http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎