• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dji
    • Feb 2008

Overseas Shopping: HK, London or Paris?

Hi

I am traveling overseas next week and am visiting HK, London and Paris. Which city would have the best pricing and range for the likes of Rick Owens, Ann D and Martin Margiela, as well as Japanese designers such as Julius, Lad Musician and The Viridi-anne?

Sorry about starting a new thread, I couldn't find any posts that really discussed international pricing of these designers.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

• Divo
    • Mar 2007

Re: Overseas Shopping: HK, London or Paris?

Hi Dji,

Only familiar in Paris; definitely more than enough sources to get the first three named brands from:

Rick Owens Rick Owens Flagship (Jardin Palais Royal) L'Eclaireur (Rue Malher)

Ann D. L'Eclaireur (Rue Herold, Rue Malher)Le Bon Marche (Rue des Sevres)

Martin Margiela Martin Margiela Boutique (website will have details avai.)L'Eclaireur (Rue Malher)

JuliusUnavailable in Paris

Lad MusicianUnavailable in Paris

Viridi Anne Le Bon Marche (Rue des Sevres)

KR

Divo

Comment

• jj.still
      • Dec 2006

[quote user="dji"]

Hi

I am traveling overseas next week and am visiting HK, London and Paris. Which city would have the best pricing and range for the likes of Rick Owens, Ann D and Martin Margiela, as well as Japanese designers such as Julius, Lad Musician and The Viridi-anne?

Sorry about starting a new thread, I couldn't find any posts that really discussed international pricing of these designers.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

[/quote]

I don't knowabout HK.

In the context of prices european cities are not the best places to buy japanese stuff because of the taxes and mark-ups but if you will be able to get VAT return it's ok. There's no Julius in Paris. Definitely selection of japanese is better in London. I wouldgo for RO, Ann D and MMto Paris.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

^ agreed

I think only Vertice in London carries Viridi-Anne and Attachment, and their prices are very high and stock limited. so might want to look into some HK stores carrying them

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• ionn26
          • Feb 2007

I can shed some light... Paris would be your best bet for cheaper stuff like said before for MMM and Rick Owens etc

For Japanese brands your best bet is in HK.. although not much cheaper. There is a huge mark up in HK for anything designer.. thats just government taxes... HK used to go to 70% off... which is rare these days. I am been told by the shop assistants in HK that the reason for it is they don't need to. Because all the RICH Chinese people are spending like crazy with the new found riches in China... the maximum that they will go is 50% off.... You can find Julius in IT... Joyce is also great. They do carry Rick Owens, MMM, Virdi Anne.. Junya, number nine.... Both IT and Joyce have several spots that are all over HK.. and they all carry different things.. which can be annoying if you are in a rush to get certain things and only have a short time...

I remember a Rick Owens leather jacket on sale at 50% off is still like 1500USD... whereas the exact same one you can get on Yoox for like 700USD when it is available... so... stilll quite expensive...

There is also Harvey Nichols.. which carry also KvA, Lucient Pellat Finet, D&G, Philip Lim,and many others that are out of my head right now. you can check the website for a detailed list of designers...

If you do buy something very expensive and it is full price.. ask for a VIP card.. and usually they will give you 10% off discount(I think you have to spend like 2000USD first though before they apply the 10% discount)... This apply to Harvey, Joyce and IT... I hope this helps..

Paris is great.... I always have the best shopping experience there.. London.. is kind of blah.. it only has the library(with huge mark up again, but VERY VERY nice people)... Harvey Nichs, Brown, Harrods, and selfridges(which is als a blah)... also.. dover street market... which is a beautiful store...

Comment

• dji
            • Feb 2008

thanks for the advice, looks like I'll be doing most of my shopping in Paris.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎