X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Servo2000
    • Oct 2006

"Backpack" Matieral & "Cut Out" Reference

Hope Still doesn't mind me using his image, but it works two-fold for some things I've been working on recently.

1. Since the Raf packs came out, I've been trying to find material / "equipment" that gets used on backpacks to make some modifications to my own. Basically, I'm looking for the colored straps that are used here as well as some of the pieces that get used to change strap length (the little dongley things) etc... I'm not sure how specific these are to the company, or if it's impossible to source these sort of things if you're not associated with the company, etc...

If anyone knows where to look for that sort of thing, I would much appreciate it. I'm modifying my somewhat similar backpack (black, military inspired and somewhat slouchy) so it's just a matter of modifying / adding some of the details.

2. I purchased a Final Home coat a while back to make a similiar modification shown here on the inside of the elbows. The coat I have is two layers, an outer black wool layer and an inner nylon layer. The inner layer can be removed so once I create the incision on the outer fabric I can wear most any long-sleeved piece and it will show through.

If any knows of any other pieces that have similiar modifications, I'd appreciate pictures / descriptions as I'm looking for inspiration as to what sort of shape / where to make cuts.

Thanks SZ.

WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Re: "Backpack" Matieral & "Cut Out" Reference

i May be able to help you with this, as i have at my disposal a lot of this kind of stuff,

the straps are made of an heavy duty ribbon type material called webbing, (used a lot on military Garments, back packs parachute, ballistic vests etc), it comes in various widths, from 5/8" all the way to about 3")

the Fabric that is mostly used to make the backpacks are called Cordura, and it comes in different weights (cant explain here as the information may be too scientific to put into layman's terms) .

I may be able to help you with black, or beige or military green/khaki in both the fabric, the webbing and the buckles

Just send me a pm with the info on exactly what you need, It may be for free, but you have to pay for shipping costs.......

Zamb

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Servo2000
      • Oct 2006

Re: "Backpack" Matieral & "Cut Out" Reference

Interesting, thanks Zamb. If I can't come up with any colored alternatives for the webbing (and it doesn't look like I will) I might take you up on that offer, but we'll see. So far, I've only managed to come up with some rather atrocious red and yellow straps / webbing.
      WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎