X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theRenaissance
    • Jan 2007

Enquiry - Help on portfolio

Just a brief introduction on myself, I am a 22yrs old male with a keen interest in fashion and I was thinking of taking up a Degree in Fashion marketing and merchandising. However entrance to the school will require me present a portfolio. The problem lies here, I have no previous experience of building up a portfolio nor arts (previously studied IT in a polytechnic).

What was stated in the guidelines was:

At least 10 pieces of original work (actual or documented) that demonstrate your creative development and process. The portfolio should include a variety of 2-D works (e.g. drawings, paintings, prints, digital imaging), 3-D works (e.g. ceramics, sculptures) or multimedia work (e.g. animation, website design), as well as a sketchbook or visual research journal

What does it mean by creative development and process? To showcase how I actually finalized the actual item? What else should be inside a portfolio? Mood board? Can any students/fashion designer/stylist/buyer give me some insight? Seriously need them [:(]

I would appreciate any form of advices/help given, thanks in advance!

• philip nod
    • Aug 2007

Re: Enquiry - Help on portfolio

creative development and process occur over long periods of time. you will need long periods of time to develop your "work". therefore, these guidelines appear to be aimed at people that have been creating in the field for some time. perhaps you should request a meeting w them and explain your previous IT experience and the unique situation you appear to be in. sometimes will and desire (and begging) can go far.
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Pnod speaks the truth. You can tell them how working in IT made you a tortured artist - I can totally see (and maybe even relate to) that. Unfortunately, from what I understand, portfolio is THE thing you are judged on.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
        • Dec 2006

Weird. Usually for the Marketing and Merchandising you don't need to submit a portfolio with works you just need to do the essay.
        "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎