X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sam_tem
    • Apr 2007

the san francisco thread

hopefully it's alright with me putting up this thread, but i'm going to be heading up to san fran with the gf later this monthfrom the 17th to the 25th. never been to california so i'm pretty excited. trying tomake it toSXSW next week as wellso i'll bekeeping my trip expenses reasonableand won't be doing any fancy dining or anything of that nature. i'll be staying at a friends place in tenderknob formost of the timebut will probably have to find a cheap hotel for the last few days (let me know if anyone knows of a place).</P>

i'm just starting to look up stuff to do/seewhile there so i'm not asking for an exhaustive list of stuff, buti figured some of you guys may be able to provide some local secrets or some helpful websites that show what will be going on at the time.\</P>

greatly appreciate any information that youall can provide.</P>
  • philip nod
    • Aug 2007

Re: the san francisco thread

for darkness and the sublime, see if you can find a forbidden place called Dead Man's Point. its a dangerous cliff area, but not more dangerous than the tenderloin, where many people have died trying to climb out onto the finger like cliff extension. it overlooks the G.G. Bridge and the Pacific and huge ships come in at a distance. it's very mystical, and out near Land's End. Its near the golf course which runs along parallel to the Legion of Honor which is a great museum to visit. its all in the sea cliff area which is one of the best parts of SF.
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• DHC
      • Jul 2007

Dead Man's Point is definitely a great stop. Is this your first time at SXSW sam_tem? I used to work for a music magazine and that was definitely one of my favorite assignments. Plenty of good times to be had there.
      Originally posted by Faust
      fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• sam_tem
        • Apr 2007

just bumping to see if anyone hasany other helpful information tooffer</P>

i actually bummed out of going to SXSW. i've done it for the past couple years, and i just couldn't muster up the energy to get excited about it this year. i'll see times new viking and psychedelic horseshit here in town on sunday so that's enough to make me happy. might even check out sunburned hand of the man on saturday but i'm not sure how interested i'll be come then.</P>

i'll definitely be checking out sic alps/ex-cocaine/religious knives at the hemlock on the 19th. i'd like to see phosphorescent on the 24th, but i've got to leave early monday morning so might not bother with it.</P>

Comment

• ddohnggo
          • Oct 2006

damn homie, you have good taste in music. sunburned can be hit or miss. when they're on they're on, but they're not they suck.
          Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• m.inya
            • Feb 2008

make sure to stop by Aquarius Records -- (take BART to the 24th Street stop, walk up one block to Valencia St., walk down two blocks to 22nd street) -- judging by your music taste it will be right up your alley. also check out Amoeba Records on Haight if you have time.</p>

The Archive, on Sutter St. right near Union Square has tons of amazing menswear, including a lot of stuff you can't get anywhere else on the coast -- obscure Japanese brands included (Attachment, Viridi-anne, etc.)
            </p>

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎