X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Honey~Blade
    • Sep 2006

Neil Barret leathers

I've only seen pictures of various shruken, washed leathers by Neil Barret. Never got a chance to feel them in person. Can you guys please give me your opinions about them?
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Neil Barret leathers

Not bad for every day if you can score a deal. [Y] BTW, check this out. [:|]
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• denimfan
      • Feb 2008

I would compare the thickness of the leather to the simple Rick leathers. The leather Rick uses seems a higher quality though.

Comment

• Jshockmtl
        • Oct 2006

I have one and i use it for everyday use. And i always get compliments on it. When i went to NY a month ago, i got stopped 3 times in the street by people wanting to know what my jacket was.

Even Karlo at A had compliments

Comment

• Time & Space
          • Jan 2008

Re: Neil Barrett leathers

I have several NB leather jackets, (one of my favorites for sure) I always get numerous compliments on them. They are rare and hard to get sometimes. I love the thickness and the fit is great for sure. I like the Fall and Winter jackets because I like my leather jackets to have weight to them... They are priced high for sure. I like the styling better than RO. I think RO designs are more conservative in that department though the fit is great.

Barrett's line aside from his jacket I find very dull and lacking it is only the jackets which stand out for me.

He has several styles

Bomber multipocket, M65 multipocket, hooded multipocket, Leather motorcycle style, plus numerous others in the Buffalo washed leather in black and brown colors..

I would also recommend Nice Collective for very cool jackets at over half the cost and great designs and weight and leather.

Barneys has NB leathers in stock, not unless they sold out..

You can also contact David at the Archive in San Francisco, they carry NB.

If you want some pics, let me know..

Luc

"With all due respect to Jesus Christ, Elvis was the greatest philanthropist of all time" -- Elvis Impersonator

Comment

• thecove
            • Mar 2008

Luc

Been looking for NB leather jacket but having some trouble as I'm partial to previous fall collections. Would you mind posting some pics ? I probably will go to Archive and see what they have.

In your opinion, which one is better the washed leather or buffalo ?

Comment

• theetruscan
              • Jan 2008

If you pick up Nice Collective, know that they tend to run a size small. More so with the shoulders than body. For instance a NC leather jacket I picked up has 18" shoulders in XL. Some work with a paring knife, seam ripper, and soon some frankenstitching should fix that, but yeah . . .
              Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Time & Space
                • Jan 2008

Hey there,

The buffalo and the washed leather are the same in one. People refer to the washed leather as a buffalo leather washed jacket. They are the same style and he repeats the designs season after season, with subtle differences. David at the Archive always gets the latest styles, but as he even told me no store gets every jacket that Barret makes. Barney's got the M/65 buffalo washed leather jacket for Spring and it is very cool and I am sure some store in the country between LA, Chicago, Las Vegas, and NYC should have one left. They usually carry a good couple of jackets for Fall too. I had that one from two seasons ago, and it was stolen two weeks ago, [79] Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!

I would recommend going to David at the Archive, because if Barrett makes it, David can special order a size up to 2X for you on his orders that he does with Barrett. Be prepared these jackets with the shrinking dollar are becoming a bit ridiculous cost wise. The latest quote at Barneys for the M/65 was $2650. He just special ordered me the Motorcycle M/65 jacket in black in 2X.

The jackets run small, but fit great. The only thing I am not impressed with is the devotion to the buttons, they all fall off due to the poor attention to sewing on them. I lost one, thus resulting in taking it to a tailor to have them all re-sewn on tighter.

As I stated before I like the heavier jackets so the Fall NB's are my favorites for sure. They are thicker and feel tougher so to speak than the spring.

[img]%5BURL=http://img177.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nbspringm65typeaz9.jpg%5D%5BIMG%5Dhtt p://img177.imageshack.us/img177/5153/nbspringm65typeaz9.th.jpg%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D[/img]

"With all due respect to Jesus Christ, Elvis was the greatest philanthropist of all time" -- Elvis Impersonator

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Lucas, there is a thread on how to post pictures in announcements and feedback.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Time & Space
                    • Jan 2008

Hey there,

Here are some pics. I used mostly photos from the net that I have acquired for the jackets, the last three are terrible images from my Iphone, but they might give you an idea..Mind you I don't own all these, just know where I had found them to keep track.

lucaskenna at 2008-03-16

Spring 08 NB M/65 Motorcycle -- Archive

Fall 07 NB M/65 Motorcyle with buttons -- Never could find

Fall 07 NB M/65 Safari -- Archive

Fall 08 NB Peacoat Wrinkled Leather -- Archive

Fall 08 NB M/65 Safari Steel Gray -- Archive

Fall 07 NB Motorcycle -- Barney's

Fall 07 NB Hooded Brown -- Scoop NYC

Fall 07 NB Hooded Black -- Barney's

Spring 08 NB Motorcycle M/65 Brown -- Archive

Fall 07 NB Hooded M/65

Comment

• thecove
                      • Mar 2008

Luc

I saw the M65 with buttons at a shop called JOYCE when I went to Hong Kong last year. Didn't like the fit when I tried them on so I decided not to get them.

I like the Safari jacket although I would prefer it to be in black. Love the Fall 07 Motorcycle as well. Would you know where its still possible to get them ?

Comment

• kompressorkev
                        • Dec 2006

i think the leathers would be great for a daily jacket. some people aren't a fan of the washed buffalo one, but i tend to like his m65 leathers more. i'd definitely recommend The Archive in SF!

Comment

• Time & Space
                          • Jan 2008

The M/65 in black is at Barneys right now for the Spring 08. I saw it there two weeks ago. The Motorcycle you will probably have to wait for the Fall and Barneys may do it again. I have no idea about that.

All the japanese stores have the jackets in XS/S, they never carry them in XL let alone XXL?

lucas

Comment

• analog
                            • Dec 2006

[quote user="lucaskenna"][/quote]

That's actually a pic of the jacket I was selling (sold) last year[75]

Here's a few more of the same jacket (FW '07-'08) :

Comment

• Time & Space
                              • Jan 2008

Yep, I kept it for my files, and it has come in handy for finding that jacket. I had the exact same one and it was stolen two weeks ago..

Hope you don't mind..

Lucas

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎