Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recession Support Group (no enablers allowed!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philip nod
    • Aug 2007

Recession Support Group (no enablers allowed!)

AKA*NYC:
    This place is a support group for bad habits...

The
    wrong kind of support. Bunch of enablers here. A blessing and a curse
    to find so many passionate individuals when it comes to fashion. The
    double edge sword that is SZ.

So, guys, here it is, what this forum desperately needs, a single edge sword support group. no enablers! nobody ballin' their way into your bank account vicariously living their too broke as a joke lives to buy the thing your thinking about. it doesn't matter anymore, we'll all be broke as a joke soon. So here's what i'd like this thread to be about....

for example, cas posts some sick RO shit. you know you want it, but you know you can't afford it. (just picture Chris Rock saying that last sentence)

bring that photo over here post it and post financial statements (if necessary) and say how in love with the thing you are, and how much your GF loves it (post photo of GF if necessary), and how only 14.3 were made in the whole edition and we will bully the love right out of you. you will never want that RO jacket ever again. Even if i personally own the thing i will tell you its utter shit like the cdiem hat albert posts for illustrating "utter shit"

so. in the coming weeks, if you feel the pain of a thin MA+ wallet, failed country and the lure of european designers, come here, we'll help you. and you know, just in time for the CCP s/s 08 collection....

you know you want it, but you KNOW you CAN'T afford it.

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.
  • kira
    • Mar 2008

Re: Recession Support Group (no enablers allowed!)

Superb Idea Philip.
    Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Schadenfreude
      • Jan 2008

[quote user="philip nod"]AKA*NYC:

Even if i personally own the thing i will tell you its utter shit like the cdiem hat albert posts for illustrating "utter shit"

hahahahahaha.

[/quote]
      Originally posted by ddohnggo
      fuck, that baby dresses way better than i do.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

lol, this is too much, but will hopefully come useful. as long as we don't charge $100 an hour, we are good.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ddohnggo
          • Oct 2006

i'm set. my gf does this for me.
          Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

there's no shame in coming under an assumed name or new identity...
            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• casem
              • Sep 2006

Haha, this is a great idea! One thing I do when I'm getting the "gimmes" is go through my closet and fondle or try on some of the nice stuff I already have to remind myself I really don't need more of anything. I'm also pretty secure with the staples (blazers, jeans, dress shirts, sweaters) so I try to talk myself out of anything that's not completely extraordinary unless it's really cheap. My weakness often comes in buying multiples once I find something I like, for example the cotton cloak blazer that is currently in the classifieds, I bought the grey version at 40% off and love it, they still had the black one at 60% off and I got that too [:$]

So, remembering what I already have can be a good deterrent for me. I've also been getting great pleasure from selling stuff, it's almost as fun as buying! I like the feeling of getting rid of excess clothes and distilling my wardrobe into only the best stuff and it's great to get some money out of clothes I hardly wear.

music

Comment

• ddohnggo
                • Oct 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]i'm set. my gf does this for me.
                [/quote]

i'm probably in denial.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• laika
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="philip nod"]

you know you want it, but you know you can't afford it. (just picture Chris Rock saying that last sentence)

you know you want it, but you KNOW you CAN'T afford it.

[/quote]

this is pretty much one of the funniest things I can imagine, and I have not stopped imagining it since you posted this...

thanks a lot pnod. due to you and voltaire I can no longer read SZ convertly....[79] the laughter continues, with streaming tears, as kira said....[74]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• kira
                    • Mar 2008

so reading about all of this impending doom, has made me question my need to buy three lovely items that I have found on ebay, as well as another piece in the store, if it is still there. did not get it right away because it was one of the things that could be worn in a million ways and got frustrated trying it on, plus already had 4 things in my hand... but kind of still want it badly. i keep thinking about it. ugh. perhaps it wont be there any longer and the decision will have been taken out of my hands. i need to take the $$$ from my newest endeavor and hold on to it, but somehow cant.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Save your money, kira. May come in handy when NY real estate gets back to normal.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kira
                        • Mar 2008

staying at home for 3 days with the flu- good for not shopping in store, but really bad for searching out things online...especially when i keep finding things that appear to be in my size. it has to be the lingering fever. maybe it is all an illusion and the items are actually all XL [76]

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="kira"]staying at home for 3 days with the flu- good for not shopping in store, but really bad for searching out things online...especially when i keep finding things that appear to be in my size. it has to be the lingering fever. maybe it is all an illusion and the items are actually all XL [76]

[/quote]

they certainly are. besides, you can't buy things online, because you can't try them on. case closed.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• m.inya
                            • Feb 2008

I made a Yoox order last night... then thought about it... and promptly canceled it. Hooray willpower.

Comment

• kira
                              • Mar 2008

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="kira"]staying at home for 3 days with the flu- good for not shopping in store, but really bad for searching out things online...especially when i keep finding things that appear to be in my size. it has to be the lingering fever. maybe it is all an illusion and the items are actually all XL [76]

[/quote]

they certainly are. besides, you can't buy things online, because you can't try them on. case closed.

[/quote]

do need to try it on first, I know. case is closed.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎