Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rick Owens & Michele Lamy article in New York Times Magazine (March 24, 2002)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hanajibu
    • Jan 2007

Rick Owens & Michele Lamy article in New York Times Magazine (March 24, 2002)

My boss cleaned his loft and found this old Times Magazine article on Rick and Michele's LA flat and one of their dinner parties, so he brought it in for me. I hope you like it!

I scanned the lot (five spreads in the magazine), as I thought it was cool to see the rough patina'ed walls throughout their flat, behind the dinner party etc. Of particular note: Michele's daughter Scarlett Rouge is on the opening spread (2nd image) decked out in RO; the shot of Rick's washing machine (which he used to distress fabrics!); and of course the shot of Rick and Michele's dressing room (those stacks of clothes!)...
  • AKA*NYC
    • Nov 2007

Re: Rick Owens & Michele Lamy article in New York Times Magazine (March 24, 2002)

Very cool. Thanks for posting!
    LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

Re: Rick Owens & Michele Lamy article in New York Times Magazine (March 24, 2002)

Cool pictures! I was trying to read the article but was straining my eyes doing so.

Love that first picture with Rick and that girl next to him in front of his place.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

thanks a lot hanajibu. i keep saying it, NYT is on top of their game with their fashion coverage - better than any fashion magazine by a mile.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
          • Aug 2007

yeah, i really love their coverage. [66]
          One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Canaduh0415
            • Feb 2008

It is amazing timing how this article was found after the piece in the New Yorker...which details well the Los Angeles lifestyle and design aesthetic which we have come to laud. He has lived such a provocative and incendiary life....I have read the New Yorker article over and over and every time I am on the verge of tears...I find so much humanity in the clothes he makes and the "boken Idealism" encapsulates every generation......
            It has been a very difficult year

Comment

• voltaire's anti-defamation league
              • Aug 2007

nice digs no doubt.

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

Can we make an SZ club house like that? Only concrete, leather, and wood can be used.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="Canaduh0415"]It is amazing timing how this article was found after the piece in the New Yorker...which details well the Los Angeles lifestyle and design aesthetic which we have come to laud. He has lived such a provocative and incendiary life....I have read the New Yorker article over and over and every time I am on the verge of tears...I find so much humanity in the clothes he makes and the "boken Idealism" encapsulates every generation......[/quote]

while i did not have your reaction to the article, "broken idealism" really struck me as well. it's a rare and beautiful occasion when two words put together like that strike a chord.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• een
                    • Sep 2006

here you go, cas

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9F03E2DA1438F937A15750C0A9649C8B63&scp=2&sq=rick+owens+boheme&st=nyt

Comment

• Casius
                      • Dec 2006

[quote user="een"]

here you go, cas

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9F03E2DA1438F937A15750C0A9649C8B63&scp=2&sq=rick+owens+boheme&st=nyt

[/quote]

My eyes thank you!

Comment

• DHC
                        • Jul 2007

[quote user="Casius"][quote user="een"]

here you go, cas

[/quote]

My eyes thank you!

[/quote]

Likewise. Thank you Hanajibu and Een.

Originally posted by Faust
                        fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Thanks, een! Good to see you hanging here.

I knew the fucker was was a Russian Jew!

"'We would go down to the deli and buy salmon and whitefish, and then I
                          would sit at the head of the table with a loaf of bread and a toaster"

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

cool, thanks for the scans!

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• iSuck
                              • Mar 2008

I like that the washer and dryer are a serving station....but, I am suprised there is something so modern and not a bucket with a wash board. :)

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎