<P mce_keep="true"></P>

</P>

</P>
    <P mce_keep="true"></P>

Both are an edition of 12 printed in 1990 by his grandson Gerd.</P>
  • kira
    • Mar 2008

Re: August Sander (attn. Fuuma)

I am not Fuuma but I prefer the second one. I enjoy the contrast of the darkness including the facial expression infront of the lighter endless avenue. Emptiness.</p>

</p>
    Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

agreed with kira on both accounts (not beeing fuuma and the second picture). oh, and thanks for screwing me out of $120 buddy, because you just reminded me i need to have his 7-volume (original blame goes to fuuma), so i ordered it. are you buying that DRKSHDW tee now? [66]
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• iSuck
        • Mar 2008

yes of course if you izn't fuuma you can comment</P>

i just know he is a AS fan and always talks about how the Sartorialist thinks of himself as the modern day Sander</P>
        <P mce_keep="true"></P>

Anyways, I do like the 2nd one in the sense that you could send him down the runway and he'd fit in with a Lanvin show</P>

The first one I like because they are farmers and yet we have one in a double breasted tux</P>

Comment

• philip nod
          • Aug 2007

how much are these going for now? 2500?
          One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• iSuck
            • Mar 2008

[quote user="philip nod"]how much are these going for now? 2500?
            [/quote]</P>

$2000 for the 2 farmers, $3600 for the painter</P>

they also have the image of 3 famers waking (one of the more famous ones) for $5,000</P>

Comment

• philip nod
              • Aug 2007

[quote user="iSuck"]

[quote user="philip nod"]how much are these going for now? 2500?
              [/quote]</p>

$2000 for the 2 farmers, $3600 for the painter</p>

they also have the image of 3 famers waking (one of the more famous ones) for $5,000</p>

[/quote]</p>

well, id have to say i was the authority on this, on offence fuuma, since i bought the "girl in a circus caravan" in 2001 and paid 2200 ( all the money i had in the world at the time, as this is my favorite picture ever taken). another gallery, i think it was boesky had the estate and were charging 3600 or something absurd, although i think they stopped dealing w photography once they realized how lame they were. buy it from a photo gallery like howard greenberg, they will give you a non inflated price.
              </p>

i wouldn't get the painter as sarty mcfly has jizzed on it and ruined it forever. 2 farmers is cooler.</p>

if you post on more thing that you have just bought that i already own, i will leave SZ</p>

Comment

• iSuck
                • Mar 2008

okay yah that ruins the painter than if sart likes it ;)</P>

funny because I was also looking at the girl in circus caravan as well</P>

something about the farmers speaks to me on a personal level. my family has a very large and substantial argicultural business, so the farming aspect is in my roots (and helps provide the lifestyle i'm accustomed to) and then icing on the cake is seeing the farmers dressed so well</P>
                <P mce_keep="true"></P>

hmmm, well we have the same drkshdw jacket so we got our clothing down </P>

unless you own any Murakami, John Button, Walter Briski, Arthur Tress or Athony Goicolea you're safe in the art similarity aspect</P>

Comment

• philip nod
                  • Aug 2007

please dont buy the girl haaha whats it run for now?</p>

if it speaks to you on a personal level, you should go for it, dont remember the year on that maybe 1920's but its that brilliant allegory that germans in particular (see murnau's sunrise) at the time were obsessed with. moving to the city from the country....progress...i love the barn in this too so beautiful, you can just see the path from the barn to the farmers as an historical timeline, which is essentially the key to sander. </p>

murakami--well i owned some in 1998 before anybody had heard of him and before he sold out big time. i sold it at auction and made a tidy profit, probably should have waited a few years but couldn't stand looking at it. </p>

i have lots of thom browne, although i find it very hard to wear. </p>

Comment

• iSuck
                    • Mar 2008

[quote user="philip nod"]

i have lots of thom browne, although i find it very hard to wear. </P>

[/quote]</P>

pants on your legs, shoes on your feet, jacket and shirts on your chest typically works for me</P>

Comment

• laika
                      • Sep 2006

The two farmers are amazing. I would actually say that they are not very "well dressed," at least not in the way the man in the other photograph is, but the way they are wearing those suits is so interesting--just a little bit off and wrong, but somehow, all the better for it.</P>

Very envious of your prints, fellas. [:$]</P>

[quote user="Faust"]oh, and thanks for screwing me out of $120 buddy, because you just reminded me i need to have his 7-volume (original blame goes to fuuma), so i ordered it.
                      [/quote]</P>

that set is a total bargain--more than worth every penny for the hours you will spend with it. congrats on finally buying it, Faust...you and Fuuma and I triple-dipped on that one. [73]</P>
                      ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

Hmm, two pretty good choice although I'd say the composition and strong thematic components of the first one should grow on you over time. To be honest I thought they went for slightly higher these days, not so bad. You got the books? Three brothers is, of course, an exemplary Sander but, judging by some of the acquisitions I remember you posting on sf, I don't think you necessarily feel the need to go for those. Still that third brother (milkman"s son?) is quite rakish.
                        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

The two farmers are amazing. I would actually say that they are not very "well dressed," at least not in the way the man in the other photograph is, but the way they are wearing those suits is so interesting--just a little bit off and wrong, but somehow, all the better for it.</p>

Very envious of your prints, fellas. [:$]</p>

[quote user="Faust"]oh, and thanks for screwing me out of $120 buddy, because you just reminded me i need to have his 7-volume (original blame goes to fuuma), so i ordered it.
                          [/quote]</p>

that set is a total bargain--more than worth every penny for the hours you will spend with it. congrats on finally buying it, Faust...you and Fuuma and I triple-dipped on that one. [73]</p>

[/quote]</p>

My comparison was - gorgeous 7-volume book set that inspires even Yohji vs. cdg x monocle cologne. case closed, pm sent, game over.</p>
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
                            • Aug 2007

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="laika"]

The two farmers are amazing. I would actually say that they are not very "well dressed," at least not in the way the man in the other photograph is, but the way they are wearing those suits is so interesting--just a little bit off and wrong, but somehow, all the better for it.</p>

Very envious of your prints, fellas. [:$]</p>

[/quote]</p>

that set is a total bargain--more than worth every penny for the hours you will spend with it. congrats on finally buying it, Faust...you and Fuuma and I triple-dipped on that one. [73]</p>

[/quote]</p>

My comparison was - gorgeous 7-volume book set that inspires even Yohji vs. cdg x monocle cologne. case closed, pm sent, game over.</p>

[/quote]</p>

blloooohhhaaaa, YES, blohooooooohhhaaaaa, </p>

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎