X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Classique
    • Apr 2008

Outline - Your Limits.

You know how stupid trendy teens compliment everything as "You hair is the sex, my cellphone is the sex, The way you speak is the sex, ... (Blah-Blah)"

"The Betony Vernon piece is the sex."

But what I really mean is; Specifically, who can actually model an "Erotic accessory?"
    The distressed, Georges Bataille Or Leopold Von Sacher-Masoch reader, perhaps.
    We create and apply others fashion philosophies to concieve stories about who we are... Often
    misinterpreted. Should I wear the Vernon piece with Chanel ballet flats... I would appear as a lascivious whore, fashion victim.

Does anybody else censor their personality with the clothes / accessories being worn?
    Do you ever dress "Politically correct?" Follow people's rules; Who have never bothered giving fashion, any thought? (Including: Family, friends, potential or actual girlfriend / boyfriend... Who do not want to hear you out or hate the way you look no matter how hard you try to convince them on how great your outfit is.)
    Or should we be uncompromisingly true to ourselves?

• alterion
    • Jan 2008

Re: Outline - Your Limits.

if your outfit is going to cause controversy great, if some people don't appreciate it then you are probably doing something right by subverting common cultural accesibility. However, your philosophy has to reflect yourself and if those close to you don't feel it is achieving that then it probably isn't correct for you, I suspect we know ourselves far less well then we like to thing, our inherent lack of context and detachment must invariably reduce our objectivity. Family i wouldn't really care about except if my mum told me i looked rediculous i would probably have gone too far, but the comments of friends and girl/boy friends must certainly have an influence on your style philosophy because they will have such an influence on the rest of your lifestyle and have a much better understanding of the personality which you present the world

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎