• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Women's Jeans

Ladies (and gentlemen with ladies) - a question was posed to me about what cool jeans cool girls wear these days, and I admit I was stumped. Therefore I am throwing it out for your pleasure. The two I thought of were Rag & Bone and Gilded Age (not even sure if they make womens jeans though). What's your answer?
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: Women's Jeans

don't all the hip college girls these days "like OMG" swear by Rock & Republic scheiße?
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

[quote user="Faust"]Ladies (and gentlemen with ladies) - a question was posed to me about what cool jeans cool girls wear these days, and I admit I was stumped. Therefore I am throwing it out for your pleasure. The two I thought of were Rag & Bone and Gilded Age (not even sure if they make womens jeans though). What's your answer?
      [/quote]

Normally I would know this, but ive been out of the loop so long I am stumped too.............I guess we are not Cool (anymore)?......

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]don't all the hip college girls these days "like OMG" swear by Rock & Republic scheiße?[/quote]

Ok, let me rephrase that - your gal buys that swell RO leather jacket, and she needs a pair of jeans to go with it. What would she go for? Kapeesh?

DRKSHDW and APC are disqualified by the way - this should make things more challenging.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
          • Jan 2008

[quote user="Faust"]

Ok, let me rephrase that - your gal buys that swell RO leather jacket, and she needs a pair of jeans to go with it. What would she go for? Kapeesh?

DRKSHDW and APC are disqualified by the way - this should make things more challenging.

[/quote]

I'd think Pure Blue slims, black Skull Lindas, and maybe . . . shit, I dunno, that's all I got. Sling and Stones come to mind, but they don't so much go ...

Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• mass
            • Sep 2006

there's acne, also.

Comment

• deleuze
              • Jul 2007

Ksubi/Tsubi

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="mass"]there's acne, also.[/quote]

acne (and nudie) and tsubi too mainstream by now. and tsubi, really? - that's not the brand that comes to mind when i think of well made, understated jeans.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• voltaire's anti-defamation league
                  • Aug 2007

yeah acne hex look good on most of the dudes here.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="Chinorlz"]don't all the hip college girls these days "like OMG" swear by Rock & Republic scheiße?[/quote]

[/quote] ah, hahaha I thought this was a more of a "ridulous denim" thread. My bad! Acne and Uniqlo would be my votes. Nudie gets mentioned and I haven't heard anything bad about em. Most of these lines do clean cuts and at least offer some styles with minimal treatments
                    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Fuuma
                      • Sep 2006

Sling and stones and Acne are good choices.

I'd add Ksubi, Superfine, April77, Sass and Bide

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• ddohnggo
                        • Oct 2006

my gf wears her rag & bone's exclusively. she hasn't touched her APC's in a bit.
                        Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• macuser3of5
                          • Sep 2006

I doubt most people know about Acne, I would not call it mainstream at all. At least, not mainstream in terms of True Religion/Diesel/Rock & Republic/Seven/Denim For all Mankind/Genetic/Some other stupid pun.

My wife has some Acnes, Earnest Sewn (not bad at discount, really, good, minimal washes, Made in the good ol USofA), and Saddlelites. The last have potentially overly-decorated back pockets, but the denim quality is superb.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Fuuma"]

Sling and stones and Acne are good choices.

I'd add Ksubi, Superfine, April77, Sass and Bide

[/quote]

April77 was one of my recommendations.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• voltaire's anti-defamation league
                              • Aug 2007

though not technically jeans some of the rad hourani pants are kinda cool and have the same aesthetic.

if you want something understated with a slim basic cut i dont really see why 'mainstream' would be a factor. jeans in general are played out for women...so might aswell get whatever looks the best rather than what is allegedly the coolest.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎