PDA

View Full Version : Raf Simons - Artwork

iSuck
04-21-2008, 07:22 PM
Hey All,</P>
<P mce_keep="true"></P>

I figured this would be the best place of any to ask.</P>

Has anyone heard of/seen Raf's "art work"? I am assuming it is photography.</P>

The reason I ask is I remember seeing his name listed in some galleries a while back and I had emailed them and never got a response. When I was looking up Agnes Martin works a few minutes ago it jogged my memory to punch his name in again on ArtNet and came up with Torch Gallery in Amsterdamn and Fifty One in Antwerp (those that I emailed). They have him listed as artists that they respresent.</P>

If anyone knows anymore beyond that let me know.</P>

iSuck
04-21-2008, 10:48 PM
While it doesn't have him listed on their actual site, the 51 gallery upon searching his name lists it under: </P>
<DIV class=tekst>Lethal Fashion</DIV>
<DIV class=tekst>Raf Simons, Miss Liz Wendelbo, Rankin, Nicole Tran Ba Vang, Ronald Stoops &amp; Inge Grognard, Jean Pierre Khazem, Ike Ude</DIV>
<DIV class=tekst></DIV>
<DIV class=tekst>Making it seem it might be a group thing.</DIV>
<DIV class=tekst>I sent an e-mail again and will keep any interestd up to date if they respond.</DIV>

Faust
04-22-2008, 12:54 AM
he has done semi artsy fartsy things. if i had to guess these would be prints from Redux or The Fourth Sex - check those books out, uSuck.

iSuck
04-22-2008, 12:59 AM
I own Redux; but, have to order The Fourth Sex from B&amp;N if I want it.

Servo2000
04-22-2008, 01:01 AM
he has done semi artsy fartsy things. if i had to guess these would be prints from Redux or The Fourth Sex - check those books out, uSuck.
</p>

Redux is a good read and has some good shots of Raf's work, but I get the feeling that most of the design (art?) work in it was done by others - even Robbie. I don't get the feeling Raf was much involved.</p>

The Fourth Sex seems like a compendium of work that informs and inspires Raf - it's almost all clips of articles and pictures from other works.
</p>

philip nod
04-22-2008, 02:47 AM
I own Redux; but, have to order The Fourth Sex from B&amp;N if I want it.</p>

ha, i'm in the fourth sex</p>

Faust
04-22-2008, 11:43 AM
I own Redux; but, have to order The Fourth Sex from B&amp;N if I want it.</p>

ha, i'm in the fourth sex</p>

</p>

Really? I gotta check you out.</p>

Jon
04-27-2008, 10:56 PM
I had a customer from Antwerp in yesterday who said he knows Raf closely in the art world. </P>

If only I had remembered this thread... (Sidenote, had a customer with amazing vintage Raf. Can't remember what season but it was an army trench coat covered in patches.)</P>

Servo2000
05-13-2008, 01:41 AM
Jon - might've been F/W 03? Patches are certainly a recurring theme along with army coats so it's hard to say, although someone else might know.</p>

Bumping this thread to see if anyone can post / scan any of the graphics / pictures they have of the graphic design / photos / anything else associated with the Black Palms collection - anything from the soda can with the black palm trees to the backgrounds. I'd really appreciate it.
</p>

Faust
05-13-2008, 11:42 AM
Click me, Servo (http://www.contemporaryfashion.net/index.php/none/none/558/uk/work.html).

Servo2000
05-15-2008, 02:53 AM
Click me, Servo (http://www.contemporaryfashion.net/index.php/none/none/558/uk/work.html).
</p>

Perfect! Exactly what I needed.</p>

Thanks, Faust.
</p>

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/8639/5588183kg1.jpg</p>

If anyone has any larger shots of this I'd appreciate it, but I think this will do.
</p>

Faust
05-15-2008, 11:43 AM
my pleasure