• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philip nod
    • Aug 2007

BEER (the wonderful world of) + dead friends

[B][B]</p>

so i thought i'd start a beer thread as i'm buzzed at 3pm off a couple of blue moons.</p>

i really love blue moon. its probably my favorite beer of late.</p>

of course, guinness is my old standby...</p>

lately i've noticed quite a lot of micro brews taking up a lot of space on the taps. </p>

i don't understand what they mean. </p>

</p>

please feel free to write drunken rambles here at 4 am. no one will judge you, and you dont have to redact anything. you are shitfaced and in a safe place, i like that:</p>

shitfaced, and in a safe place. this is perhaps better:</p>

shitfaced in safe place. </p>
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: BEER (the wonderful world of)

Blue Moon is great. A solid brew that isn't super hard to find.</P>

The beer that I'm missing down here in Texas is Magic Hat #9. Damn, that brewery knows its shit. </P>

A well pulled Guinness is pure heaven as well. In Philly I used to go to Plough &amp; Stars. All the bar equipment was imported from Ireland and they do the carbon dioxide/nitrogen mixture there to get the head juuuuuust right. Talk about delicious!</P>
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Meh. Belgian beer is the best beer in the world. I'm going to Antwerp. Case closed. PM sent. Game over.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

isn't blue moon belgian?</p>

edit: yes, it is. so i guess you are talking about irelandes</p>

Comment

• ddohnggo
          • Oct 2006

i ryke hoegaarden and blue moon.
          Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="philip nod"]

[/quote]</p>

fail. it's brewed by molson. they can take all the belgian recipes in the world, not the same thing.</p>
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kira
              • Mar 2008

Don de Dieu from quebec</p>

triple wheat ale, refermented in bottle - Smooth, rich, and creamy; slightly sweet with a warming mix of strength and full-bodied flavour, delicately spiced Complex aroma of vanilla and subtle ripe fruits, lightly hopped</p>

YUM [B]

</p>
              Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Fuuma
                • Sep 2006

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">[quote user="kira"] <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Don de Dieu</SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"> from quebec<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>

<SPAN lang=EN-CA style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-ansi-language: EN-CA">triple wheat ale, refermented in bottle - Smooth, rich, and creamy; slightly sweet with a warming mix of strength and full-bodied flavour, delicately spiced Complex aroma of vanilla and subtle ripe fruits, lightly hopped<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>

<SPAN lang=EN-CA style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-ansi-language: EN-CA">YUM [B]

<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>

<SPAN lang=EN-CA style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-ansi-language: EN-CA">[/quote]<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>

<SPAN lang=EN-CA style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-ansi-language: EN-CA">I know someone who is as obsessive about beer as we are about fashion; he imports the stuff from all over the world, discusses it on boards similar to this one but catering to enlightened alcoholics and even does beer-tourism. Dropping by his place is often a great occasion to try some obscure bottles. La fin du monde is another Unibroue offering you might like.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
                <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-CA style="mso-ansi-language: EN-CA"><o:p><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3></FONT></o:p></SPAN></P>
                <P mce_keep="true"></P>
                Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• DHC
                  • Jul 2007

Damnit! Where was this thread last night/this morning.</p>

[quote user="Faust"]</p>

fail. it's brewed by molson. they can take all the belgian recipes in the world, not the same thing.</p>[/quote]

Blue moon is a belgian style brew that is owned by Coors. I don't know if its a buy out or what, but there has definitely been a drop in the quality of Blue Moon over the past couple of years.</p>

St. Peter's is decent. Sierra Nevada is definitely one of my favorites for its consistency. Its like Starbucks....you know what your going to ge, minus the mediocrity. Its all about Chimay for something that is comlex, of high quality and easily found. Chimay people, dig it!
                  </p>
                  Originally posted by Faust
                  fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• kira
                    • Mar 2008

[quote user="Fuuma"]<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;">[quote user="kira"] <o:p></o:p></span></p>

<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;">Don de Dieu</span><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;"> from quebec<o:p></o:p></span></p>

<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;" lang="EN-CA">triple wheat ale, refermented in bottle - Smooth, rich, and creamy; slightly sweet with a warming mix of strength and full-bodied flavour, delicately spiced Complex aroma of vanilla and subtle ripe fruits, lightly hopped<o:p></o:p></span></p>

<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;" lang="EN-CA">YUM [B]

<o:p></o:p></span></p>

<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;" lang="EN-CA">[/quote]<o:p></o:p></span></p>

<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;" lang="EN-CA">I know someone who is as obsessive about beer as we are about fashion; he imports the stuff from all over the world, discusses it on boards similar to this one but catering to enlightened alcoholics and even does beer-tourism. Dropping by his place is often a great occasion to try some obscure bottles. La fin du monde is another Unibroue offering you might like.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
                    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><span style="" lang="EN-CA"><o:p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3"></font></o:p></span></p>
                    <p mce_keep="true"></p>

[/quote]</p>

i love the whole collection. i have had la fin du monde as well. i really love don de dieu though.</p>
                    Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="philip nod"]

[/quote]</p>

fail. it's brewed by molson. they can take all the belgian recipes in the world, not the same thing.</p>

[/quote]</p>

oops sorry my bad, my google scan was too quick. and DHC,</p>

i think i started this after seeing your drunk posts this morning..</p>

Comment

• DHC
                        • Jul 2007

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Blue Moon is great. A solid brew that isn't super hard to find.</p>

The beer that I'm missing down here in Texas is Magic Hat #9. Damn, that brewery knows its shit. </p>

A well pulled Guinness is pure heaven as well. In Philly I used to go to Plough &amp; Stars. All the bar equipment was imported from Ireland and they do the carbon dioxide/nitrogen mixture there to get the head juuuuuust right. Talk about delicious!</p>

[/quote]</p>

More places need to do this. Do it right that is. And I hate when bars don't clean the lines. Fouls up the taste in a big way. </p>
                        Originally posted by Faust
                        fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• philip nod
                          • Aug 2007

also recommended to drink beer while reading this thread...

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

oh man... the nasty lines. Seriously!!</P>

Two of the best beer joints that I've been to/go to in Boston are</P>

Anam Cara (apparently one of the northeast's beer meccas) and Sunset Grill.</P>

Anam Cara is seriously hardcore about the beer. The right glass with the type of beer... one million types... crazy.</P>

One of the really lovely beers I used to have there was Delirium Tremens (and Nocturne I believe was the name of the other one). Complex as all hell. Sip and think.</P>

For those that want to try something that'll put hair (or more hair) on your chest:</P>

Sam Adams Triple Bock.</P>

tastes like horrific soy sauce. Makes you want to die. Hilarity ensues.</P>

May be hard to find these days outside of serious beer joints since it was a special issue from years ago.</P>
                            <P mce_keep="true"></P>

David, I'm gonna have me some Chimay tomorrow!</P>
                            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• qnc.hst
                              • Oct 2007

This is certainly a thread I can get behind. Good calls thus far... I have a thing for Belgian's as well, though I certainly go through phases... sometimes the sweetness is a bit much on the headier brews, but I'll never turn down a Chimay. On a slightly lighter tip, I'm a huge fan of Atomium.
                              </p>

We've got a pub like the one you're describing, Albert... custom imported tap hardware just to get the perfect pull on a Guinness... I tend to start most happy hours w/ a fine Guinness, with the deepest damn gulp I can muster. THAT is how to buff the office off one's brainpan.</p>

That said, over the past 6 months or so I've been after MORE HOPS. I should also mention that, though the state I call home lacks a lot in firsthand cultural experience and leaves me looking to you guys for a lot of news re: designers and whatnot, we take beer very damn seriously. I have access to a lot of fantastic microbrews, which I am ever thankful for. Not sure how far distribution gets on any of these, but some of my fave local microbreweries are Lake Louie (if you EVER find Mr. Mephisto's Imperial Stout, BUY ON SIGHT), Furthermore (a rare case [by my experience] where a brewery succeeds with many of their more "experimental" brews) and Ale Asylum (hideous packaging, but their Hopalicious has become more of a staple foodstuff than bread in the q.h household in recent times).</p>

Anyone do any homebrewing? I've got an Imperial Stout that is truly trying my patience while it ages...

</p>
                              I think they're easily the number one punk item.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎