• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Guns: Absence and Presence

Move the guns discussion here. Ok, shoot! Just don't kill yourself.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • Schadenfreude
    • Jan 2008

Re: Guns: Absence and Presence

Both sides are right and wrong. There's no way to "settle" the argument because both sides have valid points. </p>

</p>

</p>

That being said, I'd love to continue this discussion. </p>
    Originally posted by ddohnggo
    fuck, that baby dresses way better than i do.

Comment

• Purity
      • Apr 2007

I'm pretty sure i can name, if not all, at least most of the states in the US. (I went to an American high school however).</p>

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Purity"]

I'm pretty sure i can name, if not all, at least most of the states in the US. (I went to an American high school however).</p>

[/quote]</p>

Try it! I once did and failed miserably. No cheating!</p>
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Purity
          • Apr 2007

hehe, I actually started it while writing that...Only got to 38 :( I guess i was bragging too soon.</p>

</p>

Damn East coast states!</p>

Comment

• theaddict
            • Apr 2008

I ment it both ways...people here often know nothing about the States too...(take a close look at what i wrote) ...</p>

Thats for me too, peace!</p>
            Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="Purity"]

hehe, I actually started it while writing that...Only got to 38 :( I guess i was bragging too soon.</p>

</p>

Damn East coast states!</p>

[/quote]</p>

That's about how much I got, I think.</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Schadenfreude
                • Jan 2008

I used to know all the capitals of all the states. </p>

</p>

Now I know pretty much none and I'm sure i'd get stuck at around 40 states as well.</p>

</p>

memorization only works when you continue to use it, apparently. </p>

Comment

• awlouie
                  • Sep 2007

Re: Guns: Absense and Presence

[quote user="Faust"]Move the guns discussion here. Ok, shoot! Just don't kill yourself.
                  [/quote]</P>

Thanks Faust...I was getting disinterested on the "Your Recent Purchases" thread with all of the gun discussions.</P>
                  <P mce_keep="true"></P>
                  "Fashions fade, style is eternal." —Yves Saint Laurent

"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successfull personality and duplicate it."
                  -Bruce Lee

Comment

• giantreptile
                    • Jun 2008

i think the right to own guns in the US is really more about the principle. The country was founded on the idea of personal freedom in all things, with the fact in mind that the US is NOT Europe. So it is un-American to not allow someone, so long as they are not hurting anybody, the civil libertyof owning a gun, car, strap-on, whatever. and it is offensive and narrow-mindedto think that just because someone owns a firearm, that they are either a redneck or have criminal intent.

Comment

• Purity
                      • Apr 2007

Don't mean to nitpick but check the title Faust.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

/\ thank you

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="giantreptile"]i think the right to own guns in the US is really more about the principle. The country was founded on the idea of personal freedom in all things, with the fact in mind that the US is NOT Europe. So it is un-American to not allow someone, so long as they are not hurting anybody, the civil libertyof owning a gun, car, strap-on, whatever. and it is offensive and narrow-mindedto think that just because someone owns a firearm, that they are either a redneck or have criminal intent.[/quote]</p>

Which is kind of funny, considering that we have so much less personal freedom than the Europeans.</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theaddict
                            • Apr 2008

Merz i am really shocked about your experience and i feel really sorry for you. Of course i can understand a position of someone who has been threatened in such a way.
                            </p>

But i still think if no one had a gun this circle would be broken...come to Cologne and live a happy and peacefull life with me and without guns (of course here are many other crimes commited...).[73]</p>

BTW thanks thousand times for the link to the attachment jacket. I just bought it and i really hope that it will fit...will post a pic when it arrives...</p>
                            Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Schadenfreude
                              • Jan 2008

The only way that it would be possible is to slowly impose gun control over several decades. For one you have the criminals who have throw aways as it is so they wont have to worry about the police coming to look for their weapons. You also have the law abiding citizen that wouldn't let his rifles go for anything. My dad for instance has already said no matter what happens law wise he is keeping his guns, and he isn't some horrible criminal, he's just an ordinary guy that enjoys his guns. The best way would be to do what they did with drugs in this country. Make guns out to be the horrible things, not the people. Drill it into peoples heads over years and years. During this time slowly disarm them of their guns getting more and more tight on barrel length, ammunition diameter and how rapid you are able to fire the gun. Eventually all of this will be so drilled into everyones head, from seeing it while they were in grade school up until they are adults that they just blindly agree with what's being said and you have yourself a way to disarm the public without a large uproar. Another reason why they have to slowly impose gun control is over the years guns will be less and less available making it harder for illegal firearm sales meaning slowly but surely less guns on the street (as people are caught with these weapons or they throw them away after using so they arent found with a murder weapon) </p>

</p>

</p>

I don't see any other way to do it.</p>

</p>

</p>

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎