Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you keep fitting into your clothes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theetruscan
    • Jan 2008

How do you keep fitting into your clothes?

For me, it's always a bit of a battle. Gotta exercise and watch what I eat, prone to inflating. Do people here mostly starve, exercise, neither, both, what?</p>

Was thinking about this yesterday as I was buying running shoes for some kind of organized torture program I'm in. I fucking hate running.
    </p>
    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: How do you keep fitting into your clothes?

I love exercising. I wish I could play soccer every day - never get tired of it. I am also prone to gaining weight (not that I'm a fatty - 48/32, but I should be a 30), but I don't starve myself or anything like that - just exercise. people have different metabolism, what can you do?
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• HWith
      • May 2007

Luckily I can eat pretty much anything without gaining weight. I do love body building though, a hobby I had to give up because of the enourmous work it was for me to keep a daily intake of 4500 kcal needed to maintain a steady a 500 gram/week weight gain, although I must confess that pure aesthetics was also a pretty big reason I gave up on my training. I lost about 30 kg after deciding to quit bodybuilding, but decided to put on 5 kg again, as I just couldn't get used to be ultra skinny, although I'm still a S in most designers (181 cm / 58 kg).

Comment

• theetruscan
        • Jan 2008

[quote user="Faust"]I love exercising. I wish I could play soccer every day - never get tired of it. I am also prone to gaining weight (not that I'm a fatty - 48/32, but I should be a 30), but I don't starve myself or anything like that - just exercise. people have different metabolism, what can you do?
        [/quote]
        </p>

Oh, I know people have different metabolisms. Also, I shouldn't have used starve. I chose the word out of laziness, but I meant diet control.</p>

I certainly know people who stay rail thin surviving on 3000+ calories of fast food and beer while being entirely sedentary, and others who gain weight even when controlling their diet well. I'm mostly just curious, since SZ WAYWT is mostly some of the slenderest people I've seen on most any site. </p>

I know, in my case, weight loss requires strict exercise and diet control both, and weight maintenance requires either/or strictly or both casually.</p>

I loathe exercise though. I don't dislike physical activity, I ride my bike at least 60-100 miles a week, hike a lot, raft and kayak, rock climb, and on and on, but as soon as I think "I'm exercising now," I hate to do it.
        </p>
        Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Schadenfreude
          • Jan 2008

Keeping a food diary helps me keep off the pounds.</p>

</p>

i also have a treadmill.</p>
          Originally posted by ddohnggo
          fuck, that baby dresses way better than i do.

Comment

• xeefus
            • Oct 2007

I don't really know, I eat like everything I can find. I'm still a 28-30 in pants/jeans/etc. 62kg 1.75 something.</p>

I guess I have pretty good metabolism. I like walking though, at least one hour a day... not sure if that helps though.
            </p>

Comment

• Johnny
              • Sep 2006

i'm a fat bastard

Comment

• huskiesonice
                • Mar 2008

Get a dog - preferably one that needs a lot of exercise. </p>

I have two Huskies and so I have to run like I'm doing marathon training just to wear them out......a little, tiny bit.
                </p>

Running is one of the best ways to keep the pounds off - just keep telling yourself you like it!
                </p>

Comment

• Rubbish
                  • Jul 2008

I'm one of those guys that has to work his ass off to gain weight--though I gave up on that years ago. Growing up I was always one of the smallest/skinniest kids in class, then as everyone started growing up and out, my body decided it was too lazy to grow out and just went up. As of right now, I'm about 5'8" and 115 pounds (173cm and 52kg). And if I follow the rest of my family, I doubt that will ever change. My grandfather has been as skinny as I his whole life, though he's a couple inches taller.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]i'm a fat bastard[/quote]</p>

you better stop drinking</p>

</p>
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jsp
                      • Jan 2008

I just exercise on weekdays for like an hour or more. Be it cardio, running, or whatever I'm doing.

Comment

• theaddict
                        • Apr 2008

[quote user="HWith"]Luckily I can eat pretty much anything without gaining weight. I do love body building though, a hobby I had to give up because of the enourmous work it was for me to keep a daily intake of 4500 kcal needed to maintain a steady a 500 gram/week weight gain, although I must confess that pure aesthetics was also a pretty big reason I gave up on my training.<u> I lost about 30 kg </u>after deciding to quit bodybuilding, but decided to put on 5 kg again, as I just couldn't get used to be ultra skinny, although I'm still a S in most designers (181 cm / 58 kg).[/quote]</p>

WHAT? You lost 30KG? I mean, i also do some workout, but all i could gain in the years was about 7kg. But 30kg, you must have been like Arnold Schwarzenegger, no?</p>

haha, or was it just a typo, meaning 3kg...[86]
                        </p>
                        Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• sinnah
                          • Feb 2007

all you really need is a controlled diet. Weight loss is strictly about having a caloric deficit. You really don't even need to exercise, doing so just accelerates it.

</p>for myself I'm in the gym 6 days a week doing weights/cardio...
                          currently on my cut. I find the body building thing is hard on my
                          wardrobe cus I'll be a 42/34 when im bulking and then I'll go down to
                          like a 40/32 during my cut :(

Comment

• kira
                            • Mar 2008

Exercise and food are equally important along with your circulatory system and your mental state. Yes, if you have a caloric deficit you will loose weight, that is fact. But your body needs to function properly in order to expel any unnecessary weight/waste. You need to have uninhibited blood flow to all organs in your body. Exercise helps blood flow and is very necessary for your organs to all work. I think we were meant to eat like pigs and work (physically) like dogs, and your body functions the best. That is the only way to get all the necessary nourishment from food and get your blood really going. A good mental state can only help. I find that I am at my thinnest and healthiest when I am dancing all the time (total body work out and mental work out as well) and eating tons of fresh food. I do find that if I am stressed for any length of time, my body holds on to a few extra pounds. Each persons body is different as to what foods work better for your blood and your circulation and that can take time to figure out.

</p>
                            Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• justine
                              • Jan 2007

[quote user="theetruscan"]

For me, it's always a bit of a battle. Gotta exercise and watch what I eat, prone to inflating.
                              </p>[/quote] And I think you have the most sensible answer. I too have a tendency to pack pounds, due to a severe sweet tooth (ah! les eclairs au chocolat), but exercise (3 times a week), and eating a reasonable amount of healthy food is the best solution for me. Sweets only once in a while, with full n hours long ritual invovled of course.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎