• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

which artist...?

<P mce_keep="true"></P>

did a series of canvases saying stuff like "Ideally, this should be hung next to a monet"?</P>

I cant remember how it was phrased or even who the artists referred to were,so was unable to google it.. I just browsed this guy's book at a store and wanted to look into his things a bit more.</P>

the book had a rubiks cube on the cover, if its any help :P</P>
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG
  • rach2jlc
    • Sep 2006

Re: which artist...?

I don't know for sure, but it sounds like something Joseph Kosuth would do. He is a famous conceptual artist who does lots of plays on words vs. images (his most famous work is "One and Three Chairs," with a print of the word chair, a photo of a chair, and a real chair placed next to each other.</P>

Nevertheless, I have no idea if he did anything related to other famous works of art. In any case, Kosuth could either give you a place to start looking or, perhaps, another artist in which you might be interested.</P>

Comment

• tyk
      • Aug 2008

I believe the artist is Jonathan Monk.

Comment

• kira
        • Mar 2008

yep Jonathan Monk</p>

</p>
        Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

<P mce_keep="true"></P>

yes its Jonathan Monk, found it out a few days ago, thanks though!</P>

he had several different ones, like "This painting should ideally be illuminated by a Dan Flavin", and "This painting should ideally be hung slightly too close to a Douglas Huebler"</P>

reason I was asking is because I'm making my own version of a canvas like that;)</P>
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• justine
            • Jan 2007

[quote user="mike lowrey"]reason I was asking is because I'm making my own version of a canvas like that ;)
            [/quote]I have to ask, what will yours say? Ideally this would be next to a Monk? ;P ... serious question though...I'm so curious!!!~~~~

Comment

• Avantster
              ¤¤¤
              • Sep 2006

bit OT but I thought this print I saw at BlackBlock in Paris was cute.
              </p>

</p>
              let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎