• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Poll: vBulletin migration

Hey all,

So, it looks like vBulletin is the way to for these forums. I looked into buying their software, and I think the version we need is $180, but it is better than this software and the hosting will be cheaper. So, I am doing another poll - do we migrate to vB? Also, I may ask for some donations - it seems that some members were not averse to this. I may set up a PayPal link for this on SZ. Please don't send more than $5 - 50-60 members x $5 should do the trick. Special thanks to Xadam, who would guide me in migration process.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Re: Poll: vBulletin migration

[quote user="Faust"]

Hey all,

So, it looks like vBulletin is the way to for these forums. I looked into buying their software, and I think the version we need is $180, but it is better than this software and the hosting will be cheaper. So, I am doing another poll - do we migrate to vB? Also, I may ask for some donations - it seems that some members were not averse to this. I may set up a PayPal link for this on SZ. Please don't send more than $5 - 50-60 members x $5 should do the trick. Special thanks to Xadam, who would guide me in migration process.

[/quote]

anything that will make the forum better is a Go.......

set up the link for paybal and i will send you my contribution.

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• sharkweek
      • Apr 2008

[quote user="zamb"]

set up the link for paybal and i will send you my contribution.

[/quote]

likewise

Comment

• bakla
        • Oct 2006

Will we lose things like our private messages? There are some conversations I have that have info that I would need to refer to, so I'd like to know if I need to back those up and copy them or something. And if you migrate the forum, when would you do it?

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Soon - maybe next weekend, if xadam is around - cause we are running out of db space again. Supposedly the migration will be seamless, but as you know it never is. Maybe it's worth for people to write down important info.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• electric_alyce
            • Mar 2008

one hundred per cent for moving to vB over this! ^_^

Smile! It's the apocalypse

Comment

• theaddict
              • Apr 2008

i dont know what vB is, but if it is better for the forum, lets do it. I will contribute my part!
              Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• electric_alyce
                • Mar 2008

http://www.vbulletin.com/

very strong forum system

Smile! It's the apocalypse

Comment

[quote user="Faust"]Soon - maybe next weekend, if xadam is around - cause we are running out of db space again. Supposedly the migration will be seamless, but as you know it never is. Maybe it's worth for people to write down important info.
                  [/quote]

yeah, i'm around next weekend, but not the one after. we'll back up the old site in case things go badly, so worst case, we'll be able to retrieve things manually if needed.

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

[quote user="xadam"]

[quote user="Faust"]Soon - maybe next weekend, if xadam is around - cause we are running out of db space again. Supposedly the migration will be seamless, but as you know it never is. Maybe it's worth for people to write down important info.
                    [/quote]

yeah, i'm around next weekend, but not the one after. we'll back up the old site in case things go badly, so worst case, we'll be able to retrieve things manually if needed.

[/quote]

sweet. better get started now for all those japan stores...

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Stack
                      • Jan 2008

i'll definitely donate - when will you post the add to send the payment to?
                      once you get off the drugs and the alcohol, that's when you realise how dark you really are

Comment

[quote user="philip nod"][quote user="xadam"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

sweet. better get started now for all those japan stores...

[/quote]

we should turn the where to shop thread into a printable guidebook, "where to get your goth ninja on overseas".

also, are any of you graphic-design-minded peeps interested in collaborating on a new theme for the site? pm me, we'll coordinate with faust.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Diego, mike lowrey, and electric alyce all gracefully agreed to making SZ the shizzle on the graphic front.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Buckwheat
                            • Sep 2006

Sounds great. Can't wait to see the new face of SZ.

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

[quote user="Faust"]Diego, mike lowrey, and electric alyce all gracefully agreed to making SZ the shizzle on the graphic front.
                              [/quote]

looking forward to this destruction [Y]

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎