• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theetruscan
    • Jan 2008

Rick Owens - The Feminine side of goth

LINK

My favorite quote:

If Mr. Owens were an architect, he would make beautiful ruins.

Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.
  • XSKY
    • Jun 2008

Re: Rick Owens - The Feminine side of goth

ladies in RO = [64]
    Originally posted by Faust
    snafu, you are such a kunktease.

Comment

beautifully written.

Comment

• kira
        • Mar 2008

oh, i so [64] RO
        Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

I want to add to the record though, that the reason I love rick owens is just what they wrote about, so i'm a bit annoyed that they're talking about the feminine side of goth, when it should be assigned to both male and female clothing. Male clothing has too little of this in fashion today, and rick is one of the few who can pull it off without seeming sissy-like if you know what I mean.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Heirloom"]I want to add to the record though, that the reason I love rick owens is just what they wrote about, so i'm a bit annoyed that they're talking about the feminine side of goth, when it should be assigned to both male and female clothing. Male clothing has too little of this in fashion today, and rick is one of the few who can pull it off without seeming sissy-like if you know what I mean.
            [/quote]

Well, it's a store review by a woman, so it's pretty natural that she tried on and concentrated on womenswear. The review is kinda neither here nor there [76] in terms of the store atmosphere. She is obviously not very familiar with Rick's work (not that she's required to be, I guess), but did do some hasty research, and it comes across in the review (or maybe it's my imagination) - otherwise she would probably devote more time to describing the store itself, which is a painful task, because the store itself is so sparse (to put it mildly) that there is nothing much to write about unless you can kinda get into Rick's head (the pictures, or lack thereof attest to this as well). But I like the story she starts off with, and her conversations with the salespeople. She is a clever and funny writer though - I like.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎