X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • reborn
    • Aug 2008

Price Tags That Are Works of Art

from the NYtimes (pretty interesting article)

Price Tags That Are Works of Art
    By ERIC WILSON
    Published: October 30, 2008
    For the last three years, Alexander Brenninkmeijer, the designer of Clemens en August, has sold his collections only in museums and art galleries around the world, usually for no more than three days at a time.
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Hah, awesome idea.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• reborn
      • Aug 2008

It's an interesting concept, fashion as art as retail, which is legitimated by use of gallery space...a little like the murakami LV store but not nearly as commercial.

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by reborn View Post
        It's an interesting concept, fashion as art as retail, which is legitimated by use of gallery space...a little like the murakami LV store but not nearly as commercial.
        I was thinking about this just a couple of days ago. This is the perfect setting for a small time designer that produces everything on a piece by piece artisanal level. The gallery setting almost forces the potential buyer to scrutinize and appreciate design subtleties otherwise potentially overlooked in a classic retail setting.

The concept of the boutique semi bridges this gap but still not quite I feel. The goal there is still sale volume whereas in a gallery setting maybe its more of a piece by piece emphasis.
        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by reborn View Post
          I was thinking about this just a couple of days ago. This is the perfect setting for a small time designer that produces everything on a piece by piece artisanal level. The gallery setting almost forces the potential buyer to scrutinize and appreciate design subtleties otherwise potentially overlooked in a classic retail setting.

The concept of the boutique semi bridges this gap but still not quite I feel. The goal there is still sale volume whereas in a gallery setting maybe its more of a piece by piece emphasis.
          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

i wish ccp would do this.
            too bad the clothes are blah.
            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎