• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Magician
    • Jul 2008

Non-Clothing Holy Grails

I hope this doesn't already exist!

I thought it would be nice to talk about non-clothing grail objects...rare albums, furniture, art e.t.c.

For me, right now it's some rare magic books. This is one of my favorite parts of magic culture - the idea of these super limited-edition labor of love books that you have to track down. I think all you CCP people will be able to relate.

The specific volume I'm looking for is called "The Necromantic Grimoire of Augustus Rupp," which is a attributed to a gentleman named Tony Raven.
    Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.
  • skecr8r_l8r
    • Apr 2007

Sounds like an awesome book, Magician.

My written wantlist of records is approaching 500 albums, but I think that the record I want the most is Jean-Claude Vannier's only solo album, L'enfant Assasin Des Mouches, in original condition. I own the re-press but I would love to uncover the $500+ French press.

I think these topics are kinda interesting - manifesting our utmost materialistic needs and getting responses to it. It seems kinda unreal in a sense.

Comment

• MCC1528
      • May 2008

Mine right now would be a E60 M5 modded

Comment

• casem
        • Sep 2006

Not a grail in the sense I can't find one, but in the sense I may never be able to afford one. I would love to have a vintage steinway grand piano or Bosendorfer. I had a baby grand growing up that taught me everything I know. Lately I've been aching for the touch of a fine piano but due to constant moving/small apartments I have to settle with a decent electronic keyboard.
        music

Comment

• theetruscan
          • Jan 2008

Not with this paintjob, but:
          Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• kira
            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
            Not a grail in the sense I can't find one, but in the sense I may never be able to afford one. I would love to have a vintage steinway grand piano or Bosendorfer. I had a baby grand growing up that taught me everything I know. Lately I've been aching for the touch of a fine piano but due to constant moving/small apartments I have to settle with a decent electronic keyboard.
            We had just an upright growing up, that is at my mother's house still and will come to me one day. I used to go to my weekly lesson at my piano teacher's insanely large home and when I accomplished learning a piece well enough, she would let me go and play it on her grand piano. The first piece I ever memorized, was Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata. I used to sit and play it over and over on that piano. The sound is absolutely incredible. I tried doing the keyboard thing for a while but i just could not get into that.

I have the ability, with some focus, to play by ear. I used to spend my summer afternoons sitting with my ear to the speaker of the stereo, recording songs with a ton of piano off of the radio. Then, I would go over to the piano and figure out, pretty quickly, how to play the song.

I share in this love.
            Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

Comment

• Fade to Black
                • Sep 2008

peace of mind.

i am a very lucky man to say i have acquired my holy grail.
                www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• philip nod
                  • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                  peace of mind.

i am a very lucky man to say i have acquired my holy grail.
                  i love the lofty melodrama of your contradictionary statements and signatures
                  One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                    what can this bad boy do?
                    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                      i love the lofty melodrama of your contradictionary statements and signatures

I love it!

Non clothing HGs....

If all goes well, I will have it in January. May have to repaint one, but one shall be mine.

Of course the unattainable HG would be a Lucian Freud painting
                      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• dji
                        • Feb 2008

^ nice one Chinorlz. my dad has a '63 Karmann Ghia coupe that he had restored, good looking car

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

The Ghia is such a badass car... not sure if I'm going to shoot for the convertible or the hardtop... but in black and chrome and pristine... shit looks so sick. Merz and I have been talking about them because we're both planning on getting one coincidentally.

Is your dad in Australia as well? Must have been hard to get there! It was a super popular car in the US back in the day so it's a bit easier to find...
                          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                            • Nov 2007

in the spirit of magician's post that inaugurated this thread one of my non-clothing occult-related holy grails is a painting by austin osman spare. years ago i let one slip through my hands. from what i understand john balance had a significant collection and i'll be curious to see if those appear on the market now that he's left this mortal coil. (pun intended)

magician are you familiar with the heptangle books?

LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mac81586 View Post
                              Mine right now would be a E60 M5 modded

A holy grail usually means you can afford it, at least in the near future.

I don't have one. It feels good to say this, too. Well, Leonard Cohen tickets would be nice, if the fucker actually decided to come to the US. Well, actually, a third book case would be nice, too.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎