X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davo10375
    • Nov 2008

Personalising clothes

Just wondering if there are any adjustments you guys make to your clothes to make them "your own"? i've been thinking more and more about this... and just small adjustments you can make to clothes to make them more interesting.

Personally one thing I'm interested in trying is just using like a simple AA tee and making it "twisted" ala RO etc... kinda biting but more just a way of making the AA tee cooler if you ask me. Anyone have any suggestions how I could do this without having any visible pin etc at the back? I'm assuming it's easy but haven't done anything similar to do this before.

Dave
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Dave, you can't actually get a shirt to stay twisted unless it's backed internally with a tighter fitting layer that "holds" the outside twisting in place.

All the rick and julius twists are like this with the exception of those that are cut in a rough J shape since that forces bunching of the fabric on one side and not the other.

You could possibly do this with two AA shirts, one being a size or two (probably two) larger and then sewing them together offset at the hem.
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Arcane
      • Jul 2008

Even if you would be able to make the shirt twist using Chinorlz's method I doubt it would be that interesting. The AA shirts are made of completely different jersey than the RO shirts and most likely wouldn't look that good bunched up.

Also, I don't see the point with alterations like this. The only thing I do to adjust my clothes are slight changes in fit if I'm not 100% satisfied (and if it's possible). If you want to achieve a certain look buy the right clothes for that particular look. Wear you AA tees (I do) but as the simple basics they are. My 5 cents anyway
      Label me landlord, I keep k's in my hand

Comment

• sharkweek
        • Apr 2008

In my opinion the jersey that AA tees are made of really don't lend well to layering. Anytime I put one AA tee over another, regardless of size, it just bunches up awkwardly and makes me look like a huge fatass.

you might want to look into acid washing the tees to thin out the jersey

Comment

• davo10375
          • Nov 2008

Hey guys thanks for the replies,

I don't mean I want to create a RO copy tee... I just want to make my "basics" which im forced to wear due to the heat, more interesting. Thanks for the comments and suggestions... I guess i can always just start chopping up the tee's at the bottom :P

Comment

Originally posted by davo10375 View Post
            Hey guys thanks for the replies,

I don't mean I want to create a RO copy tee... I just want to make my "basics" which im forced to wear due to the heat, more interesting. Thanks for the comments and suggestions... I guess i can always just start chopping up the tee's at the bottom :P
            Cut out a triangular piece from a side seam below the armpit, and pull it together and sew it up. it should put an angle to the bottom edge of the tee, and make it more fitted around your waist so you can let it bunch.

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

some simple things you can do is buy a tee thats a few sizes too big, then taper it in the sides and you get a longer fitting one which can be worn bunched or twisted. you can also open up the hem to make it look a bit raw and maybe cut it however you like, maybe cut the sleeves etc. if you cut half of the ribbed part off on a basic t-shirt collar, it usually results in a nice frayed look.

creating a good twisting effect would indeed be hard with regular tees as they dont tend to drape as nicely. maybe try it with some lighter weight ones. I'd get a couple that are a size or two too big again, and attach them to each other so that they're twisted.
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

A long long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, I bought a Gucci selvage denim jacket that had back tabs made not out of denim, but out of cotton in a Gucci flag pattern. I cut them off.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• WiZARDBEEZ
                  • Nov 2008

Sometimes I wear the same jeans for weeks at a time without washing them. I like to think every little stain is just a piece of my individuality.

Comment

Originally posted by WiZARDBEEZ View Post
                    Sometimes I wear the same jeans for weeks at a time without washing them. I like to think every little stain is just a piece of my individuality.
                    I have jeans which i haven't washed even once, and they have no stains or smell. how do you do it?

Comment

• WiZARDBEEZ
                      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                      I have jeans which i haven't washed even once, and they have no stains or smell. how do you do it?
                      I'm just really bad with food :|

Comment

I'm just really bad with food :|
                        haha.

I'm fantasizing about a shirt or pants stained in blood. big blood stains, alot of them. paint and blood.

Comment

• WiZARDBEEZ
                          • Nov 2008

Actually yeah I went through a period where i had a lot of nose bleeds.

Comment

Actually yeah I went through a period where i had a lot of nose bleeds.
                            that's hot. did you take pictures?

Comment

• WiZARDBEEZ
                              • Nov 2008

No and they've long since been washed. Sorry to dissapoint, They're really dark gray, so it was an interesting touch.

I'm sure it will happen again. I'll keep you posted.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎