X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BeauIXI
    • Nov 2008

Show Your Scars

Hope I don't come off as audacious, being a brand new member, but I was reading this (http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5804) and the conversation moved into scars. I believe scars really do have a profound effect on one's style and how it's pulled it off. My crowning glory is a huge one running all the way from my triceps to my inner elbow. I'll post it once it's a bit lighter out.

Show me your best scars! (With stories, too, if you like)
    Originally posted by philip nod
    somebody should kop this. this is forever.
  • Schadenfreude
    • Jan 2008

This is a picture before it became a scar, obviously.

it cuts into my eyebrow and beneath my eye as well. basically makes me look like a hardcase.

unfortunately the story behind it is not as spectacular as the placement of the scar might make one assume. I was on the phone with a friend and had just found out a friend of mine was killed. While looking for traffic and not being able to pay very much attention to anything i tripped and my face landed on a branch jutting out from a tree on the street i was living on. blood was pouring down my face. i liked the way it looked with all the blood. you also have no idea how much you move that area of your face until you attempt to make it heal. every 10 seconds it would rip open from pretty much any motion i made.
    Originally posted by ddohnggo
    fuck, that baby dresses way better than i do.

Comment

• Fade to Black
      • Sep 2008

damn.

interesting/thought provoking thread though. I don't got many scars except for a few on my knee that i got when falling down while running along the great wall...there was one time in grade 7 i tripped over and fell face first into concrete, opened up my head basically, but oddly enough no scar.

as for mental/emotional scars, man ... i'll spare y'all from the angst-ridden emo fest that is my life.
      www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Magician
        • Jul 2008

Twin cigarette burns on my wrists. They are pretty deep as 2 different cigs were extinguished against my wrists.

I love to make up stories about how it happened. The two I say the most are "stigmata" or that "it is how crooked gamblers are marked in Baltimore when they get caught"

Actual Story: Misplaced machismo at the end of some silly party aided by alcohol and masochistic brinkmanship (and probably some homo-erotic undercurrents).

(I also have a long scar on my abdomen from a ocean-swimming mishap, but it's not nearly as dramatic)
        Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• Real Real
          • Feb 2007

Hahahahahahaha.

Comment

• Huxley
            • Dec 2007

I wish I had a dueling scar.

I love the second picture.

Comment

• CommieRabbit
              • Oct 2007

^

Otto Skorzeny, an example of when cartoon villains become a reality.

Comment

• destroyed
                • Nov 2006

Very German thread. My father always offered to pour salt on my wounds so that I would be left with a nice Germanic scar. I always declined.

How to post psychic scars? TIA.
                broken mirror, white terror

Comment

• D_S
                  • Jul 2008

This thread is reminding me of David Cronenberg's Crash (good film, all should see)

Comment

• D_S
                    • Jul 2008

Magician- Impressed you went for round two lol

Comment

• D_S
                      • Jul 2008

Schadenfreude - Yes, face scars are a bitch to heal. I once got in a barfight with a man wearing large rings (or so I was told the next morning after waking up on a blood soaked pillow) leaving two deep gouges in my face above my lips and below my nose. Every time I spoke, laughed, smiled, wiggled my nose, etc for the next two weeks the flaps of skin would open up, leaving me in pain and whoever I was talking to fairly grossed out.

Besides that not too many scars, lots on my knuckles/hands, a few from stitches, a few from mtb crashes, etc. Nothing epic...

Comment

i only have one scar. It's on my knuckle, and it's from stretching my bed linen and scratching my finger on a screw that stuck outof the bed frame when i was 6.

Comment

• laika
                          • Sep 2006

I have a little one on my knee--plunged a pair of scissors into it while attempting to "sew" at age 5.

Also a horizontal one on the side of my left foot from a scooter accident in India a few years ago...that one was pretty inevitable.
                          ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Meowz
                            • Oct 2008

i have scars of the scratches & bites from my cat and i love them -.-!!!
                            Hello there~

I am a cat.. or rather I want to be a cat..

Comment

• kira
                              • Mar 2008

this thread kind of weirds me out. no offense to anyone that posted here.
                              Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎