• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • destroyed
    • Nov 2006

Bad trips.

Please share your bad trips.

Fortunately, I've only have had two or maybe two and a half bad trips in my life, but they have stayed with me in acute detail, much like some childhood nightmares that I can recall, like, totally.

My worst bad trip was in college, on LSD, by myself, in my tiny run-down apartment in the ghetto (as in, no one will deliver pizza to you, out of like, fear.). Imagine a sense of total loneliness, fumbling with the telephone for hours, dialing too few, or too many digits, over and over, until, amazingly, an "emergency operator" comes on the line and asks if everything was ok, like, have you been gagged, and are you being raped-type Socratic enquiry.

A milder, yet perhaps more intensely unpleasant, bad trip, was on salvia, which I smoked in secret, while the people with whom I was coinhabiting were in, like, adjacent rooms, cooking, or just carrying on as normal. I was listening to the first or second Pole records, and I remember my environment turning block-y, as in Lego-type blocks; total panic at this notion. I remember staggering somehow to the stereo and trying to adjust the volume, but the dial felt enormous, and, rubbery, and unresponsive. Luckily, this whole misadventure lasted two minutes tops, but I wanted out immediately, as in, where is the eject button?!

Also, my first dalliance with drugs was with cough syrup, which started out nicely, (I remember declaring that I was a muffin, getting into the fetal position and sinking into the carpet of the living room [which was some kind of muffin tray in my mind]) but after I puked on the carpet/muffin tray, things got rather more grim. I remember a computer screen lowering over my field of vision, and my thoughts were all in DOS, or something. I kept typing, to remind myself of my safety (and non-culpability) that I AM NOT DRIVING. Over and over. I AM NOT DRIVING. I AM NOT DRIVING. Like, bolting upright and typing again: I AM NOT DRIVING.

It has been some years now, but I expect that these memories will return in my twilight years even as I watch my heart monitor slow, and eventually stop (or however that ends up playing out).
    broken mirror, white terror
  • Magician
    • Jul 2008

Haha, Future Employers, Girlfriends parents, please disregard this:

After we ate an ungodly amount of shrooms, my good friend (who is probably 50 lbs lighter than me) adapted all the characteristics of a lizard. His tongue kept darting out, his eyes would roll back in to his head and he was crawling aroudn on all fours. I started freaking out until he stopped and laid prone on the couch. Like an hour later he was essentially catatonic and not responding to any sort of stimuli.

Meanwhile I'm tripping balls, the carpet is swirling around and paintings and shit are moving. I freak the fuck out thinking my friend had fallen in to one of those "no-return trips" (which I don't even think are actually possible with shrooms) I have never been so petrified.

Suddenly like 3 hours later he said "That was fun though I don't really remmeber much" haha while I'm practically bawling my head off all sweaty and disheveled and having called every single head within a 20 mile radius to ask for advice. Dude had a great time....
    Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• kira
      • Mar 2008

I was sooo hoping this was a new travel thread of where not to go.
      Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Magician
        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by kira View Post
        I was sooo hoping this was a new travel thread of where not to go.
        I'd say it is.
        Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• destroyed
          • Nov 2006

^ hahahaha.

That reminds me of another bad syrup experience. Me and a buddy were totally out of our minds on the old Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide and somehow developed this game where we each took turns dancing, prefaced by "this is how I dance" (probably to MBV). Anyway, when it was my friend's turn to dance, he shimmied/shaked then jumped in the air, losing consciousness in midair, and then like convulsed on the floor. After realizing that this was NOT actually how he danced, I woke him up, and he looked up at me and was like aghast to find I was covered in this rash, like I was having some allergic reaction. He was pretending that I was ok, but I could sense something was amiss. That was my last syrup trip.

Comment

• BlackSilver
            • Nov 2008

a/s/l?
            Looking for a wrap cardigan! odyn vovk or KK, pm me if you have one for sale in 46-48

Comment

• destroyed
              • Nov 2006

atari/sword/local

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

When in China, my girlfriend and I took a day trip to ZhouZhuang which is this river town that's been penned as the venice of china. It sucked. Totally touristy and utterly raped of all it's true heritage and history.

That was a bad trip

... or did I miss the topic completely?
                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• BlackSilver
                  • Nov 2008

no no right on track, continue please and thanks for interesting
                  Looking for a wrap cardigan! odyn vovk or KK, pm me if you have one for sale in 46-48

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎