X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • asho
    • Nov 2007

Andrew McDonald Shoemakers

some new designs from the shoemaker I work with... trying to gauge opinions before seeking stockists. The range will be shown at the Rooms exhibition in Tokyo in the coming week. First and second last are woman's...

• cuddly
    • Sep 2007

shoes are pretty nice, like the ones with the folded upper,wrap around laces.but please more info about that leather bag

Comment

• asho
      • Nov 2007

bag is made from mustard and black calf leather... will come in a few colours. 35cm across 38 cm down (lowest point).

Comment

• btbam
        • Nov 2008

Price Point?
        quite like the last boot/bag and the one mentioned above
        Last edited by btbam; 02-10-2009, 10:37 PM.
        Never End, Australia.
        http://www.neverend.com.au
        General Contact: Info@neverend.com.au
        Urgent contact: Joseph@neverend.com.au
        Phone: +61 421 406 272

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

some really nice pieces, tell us more about the designer/ line.............
          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• asho
            • Nov 2007

all pieces are handmade with the highest quality materials. Andrew himself has in the past worked with Paul Harnden, Lobb and Berlutti... here's a link to his site.

andrewmcdonald.com.au

some of the styles there are custom ordered and as a result of questionable taste.

as far a price point goes men's shoes are $1500aud boots $1600aud woman's shoes $1000aud, boots $1100aud.
            bag around $750aud

Comment

• James Vincent
              • Dec 2007

Wow, these have come such a long way since I last looked, very impressive.

Comment

• Fuuma
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by asho View Post
                all pieces are handmade with the highest quality materials. Andrew himself has in the past worked with Paul Harnden, Lobb and Berlutti... here's a link to his site.

andrewmcdonald.com.au

some of the styles there are custom ordered and as a result of questionable taste.

as far a price point goes men's shoes are $1500aud boots $1600aud woman's shoes $1000aud, boots $1100aud.
                bag around $750aud
                Please explain, even Lobb isn't "handmade" although it is made by people operating machines (maybe you mean the shoes are hand welted?). Can you develop on the construction and leather used, some of the models are cool and I might be interested.

Do you make custom orders or offer a kind of combat boots?
                Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• shawn
                  • Apr 2007

wow a new line? looks great but the price is so high (to me at least).

Comment

• snafu
                    • Apr 2008

looks nice leathers and finnishing the folded under boots looks good but just not sure abiut the toe shape better pics ? just looks too classic and dress shoe pointy

Comment

• soultek
                      • Feb 2007

Hi, asho, I believe they would have to be seen in person, but everything looks great save for the 'folded' boot and shoes which in mind don't work. I think I'd prefer a less sleek shoe--IMO the fastenings of a shoe should match the sleekness of the last, the leather, and the treatment used. Of course my opinion could be wrong if I saw in person. Thanks for posting! Very interested to see more. And please let us know when stockists are official.

Comment

• asho
                        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                        Please explain, even Lobb isn't "handmade" although it is made by people operating machines (maybe you mean the shoes are hand welted?). Can you develop on the construction and leather used, some of the models are cool and I might be interested.

Do you make custom orders or offer a kind of combat boots?
                        they are hand made to the extent that the only machine used is a sewing machine and a manual stitching machine. Patterns are cut by hand, hand skived, lasted by hand, heels are stacked by hand and nailed by hand etc. The shoes have leather insoles and soles and the uppers are largely calf leather which has been polished to achieve a certain colour.

A complete custom service is available, we have made some combat style boots in the past and could do so again however they are not in the current range.
                        thanks for the interest

Comment

• asho
                          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by snafu View Post
                          looks nice leathers and finnishing the folded under boots looks good but just not sure abiut the toe shape better pics ? just looks too classic and dress shoe pointy
                          I had my reservations about this style being put in the pointy last, however seeing the finished thing it definitely works. has a sort of Dickinson vibe.

Comment

• diamonds
                            • Dec 2006

i like this...

unique shoes based on classic shapes...

they look really good. something i'd definitely be on the lookout for...

Comment

• asho
                              • Nov 2007

some more of the woman's styles...

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡