X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SHYE_POSER
    • Mar 2009

BEE KAY

this is a collection made by a friend of mine...its a continuing concept rom his grad collection...thought this would be best place 2 post and get some feedback for him...as u are the market at which he is aiming at!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

images courtesy of BEE KAY
    merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.
  • SHYE_POSER
    • Mar 2009

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
    merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• ahlefeldt
      • May 2008

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
      P.nod glasses

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
        • Mar 2009

fair play. the concept is loosley based on a post apocalyptic world (yes i know is played out) with an element of psychological madness!

either way it was a graduate collection,and has been developed from there...personally the overall styling may be much but the pieces individually are fantastic..well made and god details...i actually own the buffalo leathe bomber with shoulder cut outs...and it is a killer piece..

but thank u for ur opinion non the less

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

/\ nailed it.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

I can't quite "get" the collection. There's no real unifying theme and "post apocalyptic" certainly can't be considered a solid one.

The continuing aspects of the pieces or shots are shoulder cutouts, a long tasseled aviator hood/hat and a cape. I wish there was something "more"... something more functional/wearable that still stands out.

As played out as this collection may be, it's always interesting to see what students are producing and what's influencing them.
            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
              • Mar 2009

its all good i agree with all the above.....its good 2 get feedback of sorts. all is appreciated....hence why i thought it best 2 post here 2 get feedback.....i think in time if he is more thorough and strict with his ideas good things could come of it...but 2 b fair he has never heard of most designers we speak of here....so i dont think there is a great deal of influence of that kind....

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
                its all good i agree with all the above.....its good 2 get feedback of sorts. all is appreciated....hence why i thought it best 2 post here 2 get feedback.....i think in time if he is more thorough and strict with his ideas good things could come of it...but 2 b fair he has never heard of most designers we speak of here....so i dont think there is a great deal of influence of that kind....
                Interesting, so he created this without knowledge of Julius, Rick and others? It's almost kinda hard to believe given the parallels in aesthetic and some of the designs.

That being said, what is he doing now? Working solo on his own line or is he working under another designer at this point?
                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• tangerine
                  • Dec 2006

Julius x Aeon Flux
                  the woman Balmain is wild, casual, explosive cocktail of a sailor and a ballerina

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                    Interesting, so he created this without knowledge of Julius, Rick and others? It's almost kinda hard to believe given the parallels in aesthetic and some of the designs.

That being said, what is he doing now? Working solo on his own line or is he working under another designer at this point?
                    he only got 2 know about julius and rick after i had seen his work and introduced their work 2 him......it is incredibly similar...hencewhy i showed him rick and julius

but he is working on his own line...and i try 2 give him some pointers....hence this thread. thanks again

Comment

• Dire
                      • Mar 2009

While I agree with Wire for the most part, I also think it's important to recognize the designer's intent with this collection. During my short experience in the world of high fashion, I have noticed that the trend seems to be for designers to be more and more caught up with the "Modern Contemporary" side of clothing, and many seem to have lost touch with the fundamentals of their medium. I agree that the scene would be better off if more designers took a more "Grounded" approach to their work.

On the other hand, I also think it's important for us to recognize that the essence of any given era is subject to change, and can never truly be duplicated by anyone who hasn't experienced it first hand. Take for instance, my grandparents, who are constantly complaining that the music my parents listen to is so much less sincere than the music of their time. My parents then go on to complain that the quality of popular music of today has diminished so much from when they were coming up. Most of my peers, however, are quite pleased with the state of modern popular music. (I use peers as an example because I'm a music major, and am of the opinion that 75% of the pop music from the last forty years or so is complete rubbish, but that's of no consequence ^ ^;)

What I'm trying to get at is that artists use the foundation laid by the creative minds of the past, and the general populous flocks toward ideas that seem to capture how they feel as beings of their own era. (Zeitgeist - originally a German word, literally meaning Spirit (Geist) of the Time) Thusly, pop art is always changing, and while a foundation in the work that's come before is of vast importance, if they continue to recycle the same content, however good it may be, little progress can be made, in the grand scheme of things. Though you may maintain a diehard following of people who appreciate exactly what it is that you're trying to do, the general populous will eventually grow bored with it, and you'll end just up another starving clothing designer, with extremely sensible shoes. Where would today's music be had Frank Zappa's parents dosed him to the gills with Adderoll, and forced him to play rhythm and blues?

Having said that... I haven't yet decided upon how I feel about this designer's work. It's obvious to me that there was a lot of time, talent, and thought that went into some of these pieces, but ultimately this collection feels to me like it's lacking... context. I'll have to chew on this one for a bit, and get back to you.

**Edit: In re-reading wire.artist's post, I realize that I, in my summary of the argument, have missed several of the key ideas that he was attempting to convey. I'd go back and change it, but I spent fifteen minutes writing this damned post, and another good five or so spell checking, so in deleting it, I myself would die a little bit on the inside.

Sorry, wire.
                      Last edited by Dire; 03-31-2009, 12:59 AM. Reason: I've seen the light.
                      It is a good viewpoint to look upon life as a dream. If one has something like a nightmare, he will wake up, and reassure himself that it was only a dream. It has been said that the world we live in is not a bit different than this.

Comment

• philip nod
                        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by ahlefeldt View Post
                        P.nod glasses
                        pnod comin' straight outta mutha fuckin compton
                        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Avantster
                          ¤¤¤
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by wire.artist
                          which piss me off most, is that all the work I'm seeing lately from young designers is awfully autoreferencial in their contemporary context. I wish they were more versed in the past than in the current 20 seconds. That's why there is no creativity coming out, it's a tiny playground to play in.

It's a global disease though, architects doing architecture just looking at magazines is the nightmare I know most.

If some designers are doing good things is because they have built their own tools and vocabulary. It's like doing electronic music with the same device everybody is using + you are not specially talented.
                          And all of them have found their ideas out of the contemporary scene, and out of their specific field of work. Only a handful of designers have used clothing as a metalanguage, and their approach is extremely abstract.
                          Being part of a cool school, hanging out in the "appropriate" places, wearing sz clothes, etc... is nothing, serves nothing
                          You have to live a rich life in order to develop interesting concepts, then you'll have something to share with the world.
                          Well said, I can't agree more. Out of interest, who would count in these handful of designers?
                          let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Fuuma
                            • Sep 2006

Def Chalayan, he's addressing other design fields and human relationships at large.
                            Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                            http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by tangerine View Post
                              Julius x Aeon Flux
                              spot on!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎