X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alesha
    • Apr 2009

Julius Artwork

I recently spotted some art works at Julius website. I find them highly amusing, anyone knows how they are made?
    Originally posted by interest1
    I'm pulling you off my friends list if you don't put down the vodka.
  • editevening
    • Nov 2008

images within the flash file aren't loading for me...
    #nevernotalmostshopping

Comment

• Avantster
      ¤¤¤
      • Sep 2006

Not sure which one you're referring to, but Julius has always been a platform for Tatsuro Horikawa to express his ideas whether it be through clothing, art, music, or lofty manifestos and fantastic fabric names in engrish.
      let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• editevening
        • Nov 2008

saw the work... so to answer your original question on how they are made... well some are photographs, some look like leather molded sculptures and the rest is clearly leather work. I thought they were all pretty self explanatory :/
        #nevernotalmostshopping

Comment

• Alesha
          • Apr 2009

The photographs I gathered thank you ;)

The rest is a bit harder to identify.
          Originally posted by interest1
          I'm pulling you off my friends list if you don't put down the vodka.

Comment

• Magician
            • Jul 2008

Didn't Julius start out as an art project and then evolve in to a fashion line?
            Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• Avantster
              ¤¤¤
              • Sep 2006

Yes, it began doing audio/visual presentations in '01. Prior to that Horikawa had been working on his other project, Nuke.
              Last edited by Avantster; 04-23-2009, 11:54 PM. Reason: oops, my memory sucks.
              let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• jcotteri
                • Jun 2008

please feel free to explain the mysterious beginnings of Julius Avantster
                WTB: This

Comment

• Avantster
                  ¤¤¤
                  • Sep 2006

Originally involved in graphic design, establishing his company 3rd Stone in '96. Nuke began the following year as an industrial music project, during this time he began making clothes while DJing and developed an underground cult following. My memory sucks, Julius actually began in '01.

Comment

• jcotteri
                    • Jun 2008

yeh i was going to say but thought i was making a mistake.. so i didn't. I was chatting to Masahiro at Lift about it.. He may or may not mentioned that there has been a change of designers (my memory is a little hazy)? He may also have mentioned that one of the designers worked at Lift at some stage.. 6 years ago? I wish i could remember exactly what he told me.
                    WTB: This

Comment

• Untitled
                      • Nov 2009

Does any one know where i might be able to find some of his early graphic design work ?

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by jcotteri View Post
                        yeh i was going to say but thought i was making a mistake.. so i didn't. I was chatting to Masahiro at Lift about it.. He may or may not mentioned that there has been a change of designers (my memory is a little hazy)? He may also have mentioned that one of the designers worked at Lift at some stage.. 6 years ago? I wish i could remember exactly what he told me.
                        there are a number of designers working with Horikawa, but Julius is first and foremost his label and he has been there since day one.

he was involved in the music and art/graphic scene and started Nuke in 96, first doing print t-shirts featuring his art work. He says Julius was more of a name change than a new label per se, but it also formed into a more formal company at that time.

in addition to photography, he has done a variety of art work, particularly from bronze and metal, and some furniture as well.
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• PaintedBlack_7
                          • Sep 2010

if you actually click the section that states ARTWORK

you click on the particular piece you like and he lists the materials forexample:

work #008 _metallic prints
                          Aluminum and silver paint
                          Completed aug 2009

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍