• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chant
    Banned
    • Jun 2008

Young French Designers (I) - STAT_MENT [ADELINE BASELY]

Here are some pictures of clothes designed and cut by Adeline Basely.

She made two bespoke trousers and a scarf for me, which have already been shown in the WAYWT, but I'll post some other pictures here.

Her website will be online very soon, and, since she's registered here too, she'll be abble to answer all the questions you may have.
    Consider this as a teaser...
    Last edited by Chant; 06-10-2010, 10:44 AM.
  • Chant
    Banned
    • Jun 2008

J-shaped trousers

Last edited by Chant; 05-11-2009, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• Chant
      Banned
      • Jun 2008

Drop crotch trousers

And the winner of the dropest drop crotch contest is...

This time, I'd given Adeline a "carte blanche". She knew that I liked the drop crotch trousers, and that pnod felt a tad stuck in his DD hypocritical ones, so she could do whatever she wanted to.

I'll post later on some pictures of the trousers laid flat, to show properly its shape, which is a perfect win imo.
      But most important is the feeling I had when I wore them the first time : it was absolutely and immediately me. They are wonderfully cut and fit perfectly of course, since they're made to measure, but they also match my "style personality".

That's why I wore them immediatley, even though I wasn't dressed for them.
      They're meant to be worn with the DD boots and the DD jacket I posted in the DD SS 09 thread. Later on, I'll try something else.
      I bought too the black DD shirt (first picture), because after having tried one last week the "working shape" (dunno the technical word in English), I knew that they would work together.

Last edited by Chant; 05-11-2009, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• Chant
        Banned
        • Jun 2008

Scarf

Another scarf, made for Mail-Moth :

Last edited by Chant; 05-14-2009, 02:48 PM.

Comment

• jcotteri
          • Jun 2008

saving room for normal hours of judgement tomorrow

edit: Hi Chant, can you tell me who made the coat (CCP? or did she make one in likeness to CCP?). I apologise as i was away from SZ for 5months so i'm not on the a-game yet.

As for the clothing, though i'm more of a fan of plain pant hems, the zippered ones don't look out of place on these "bespoke" j-pants (using the term loosely there). The fabric does look amazing and well the fit is of course spot on. I don't mind the drop crotch pant, the design is quite forgiving, not as harsh as i would imagine before i saw pictures as well the adjustable opening is quite handy, these are of course to much for my tastes but are may i say tastefully executed.

The scarf, i'm sorry leaves more to be desired. What shape is it? Triangle like DD? Maybe it could grow on me but my immediate reaction is average.

I must congratulate the new/up and coming designer Adeline Basely. Well done and my warmest welcome to SZ :D
          Last edited by jcotteri; 05-12-2009, 01:52 AM. Reason: hi and bye
          WTB: This

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

Thanks for starting the thread Chant,
            I was really looking forward to this. I dont know if I ke the pants at all, but really want to hear more about, and see more of the designers work.

you know I like you in more tailored/ structured stuff because I think you have such a wonderful built, but I must commend you for taking the risk, and giving the support you do to emerging designers.....................I have a deep sense of respect for you in doing that.
            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Fuuma
              • Sep 2006

I've seen Chant's first pair (not posted yet) in the flesh and the cut is precise and elegant. Attention was paid to select a fabric that matched the detailing was quite apparent. In fact I decided to get a pair at that point and recently contacted the designer to arrange a meeting. I'm not sure I'll go for Carte Blanche and request something "baggy" or come up with an idea of my own. Any suggestions? Chant?
              Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
              http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• eat me
                • May 2009

Wow, nice droppies. They look really good. A bit like a monk's robe/pant, esp. in the 1st pic. I'm not sure I'm a fan of the fabric though, but it might be just the pics.

And also, I'm sure it's you love them and will disagree with me, but these glasses from 1st pic are not the best choice. You look so much better without them.

Comment

• Johnny
                  • Sep 2006

scarf looks very nice, lovely colour.

the droppies...well...sometimes i just don't get things, and that's fine! i have a question though chant. comme des garcons have been doing these trousers for men and women for years (in particular see 2004 AW collection). have you ever tried these

Comment

• stat-ment
                    • Feb 2009

Thanks for this thread Chant!
                    Pls try to persuade Fuuma to go for "carte blanche", i've already beautifull ideas for him...

Comment

• Fuuma
                      • Sep 2006

Ok but it has to be a 4 season fabric if that's possible. Note that I wear wool blazers in summer and somewhat light pants in winter so I'm flexible.
                      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Chant
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                        Ok but it has to be a 4 season fabric if that's possible. Note that I wear wool blazers in summer and somewhat light pants in winter so I'm flexible.
                        Yes, this is the idea : "flexible carte blanche" !

Comment

• Chant
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2008

Originally posted by eat me View Post
                          Wow, nice droppies. They look really good. A bit like a monk's robe/pant, esp. in the 1st pic. I'm not sure I'm a fan of the fabric though, but it might be just the pics.

And also, I'm sure it's you love them and will disagree with me, but these glasses from 1st pic are not the best choice. You look so much better without them.
                          Fabric is really beautifull : light black wool, a tad shiny but not too much, and very comfortable.

The idea was to have something very versatile that could be worn with low and light boots (like the DD), with heavier ones (the Ann D shot in the pictures), and with very heavy ones with a large stem (like CCP). But I wanted to be abble to wear them this summer barefoot or with sandals.
                          So Adeline had the beautifull idea to cut a large hem with a string that can be wrapped around the ankle to tight or loose the leg opening. The details is nice and practical : it gives on one hand some gravity to the end of the legs, and allows on the other all the combinations (tight vs loose; pants inside vs outside the boots; boots vs sandals, etc.)

Comment

• Chant
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                            comme des garcons have been doing these trousers for men and women for years (in particular see 2004 AW collection). have you ever tried these
                            Seen and appreciated, but never tried on...

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

looking good, i love new solutions to home schooling.
                              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎