X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brother Stasi
    • Feb 2008

another vest

I've been trapped in my room all day working on one of my final garments for the semester... (this is merely one of the 6 from the last two weeks) and well.. I thought I'd share one with you all (and in the various stages none the less...)

First this is the cutting of the fabric.

Here's all the pattern pieces (you can see the number of seams that are in this vest that you can't see in my sh#ty pictures...)
    Front

Back

Here's the inside...

and here it is fully constructed... (and on a VERY ill fitting store style manaquin that a friend gave me. I'll try to get some decent fit pics on a real form or on a person Monday)

Now as much as I like this color combination, it doesn't go with the rest of the pieces for this project... So guess what? Now I get to dye it...

and that about catches you up to date. My hands are now purple/black... I'll post some more pictures of the garment dried (as well as maybe a couple of the other garments in that look) in the next day or so... What do you guys think of it?
  • Brother Stasi
    • Feb 2008

Ok...this is what it looks like now that the dye dried...

Comment

• sound&vision
      • May 2008

Very nice, love the back.

Comment

• mack
        • Mar 2009

nice work. i love the design and especially the front.
        what brand pattern did u use to make the piece???

Comment

• Brother Stasi
          • Feb 2008

It's a Brother Stasi Brand pattern (aka I draped it, then I made a draft from the drape, and then a pattern from the draft, and then I made this!) So currently it's a one of a kind. :)

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

^ and that's the way it should be done :)

Really lovely work. The front is superb and I really love the patternwork. With some modifications you could turn that pattern into a really nice sharp jacket. The front construction is almost asking for it!
            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Mar 2009

very nice vest

Comment

• Brother Stasi
                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                ^ and that's the way it should be done :)

Really lovely work. The front is superb and I really love the patternwork. With some modifications you could turn that pattern into a really nice sharp jacket. The front construction is almost asking for it!
                Thank You! Unfortunately this fits roughly a size 2 female and I am ... well.... very much not that! haha... so the plan is after classes end tomorrow I need to get to making another one of these for me.... and then taking your advice a modified jacket version! haha... Then I also have about 20 other projects I need to get to before my summer gig starts. At least I stocked up on fabrics before I ran out of money. :) / :(

Comment

• eat me
                  • May 2009

I really liked the white version better. It had a bit more depth to it. other than that, lovely vest.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Brother Stasi View Post
                    Thank You! Unfortunately this fits roughly a size 2 female and I am ... well.... very much not that! haha... so the plan is after classes end tomorrow I need to get to making another one of these for me.... and then taking your advice a modified jacket version! haha... Then I also have about 20 other projects I need to get to before my summer gig starts. At least I stocked up on fabrics before I ran out of money. :) / :(

aww, too bad! C'mon, the first versions of all your pieces should fit you

Again, love to see your portfolio as the construction is really quite nice on the pieces you've shown here
                    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• clay
                      • Sep 2006

Fantastic!

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡