X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Micco
    • May 2009

annhagen over & out

I have just read that annhagen has gone bankrupt. The investors pulled the plug as annhagen did not make the business goals planned.

Perhaps the self-acclaimed Haute-Couture designer Jorgen Simonsen was not so great after all? I think that the AW09 collection was a big unoriginal mess, trying to be Paris-like instead of being original as the previous designer.
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Not surprised. I saw no potential to begin with and the prices were ridiculous for a designer of such level. Maybe if Totem took her on, she'd have a chance (BBS), but the whole business model made no sense.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Micco
      • May 2009

Yes maby

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

I think the long sleeved shirt with the elongated "ANNHAGEN" said it all.
        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Not surprised. I saw no potential to begin with and the prices were ridiculous for a designer of such level. Maybe if Totem took her on, she'd have a chance (BBS), but the whole business model made no sense.
          Are you saying that had it not been for totem BBS would be travelling this same road?
          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Vikeid
            • Feb 2009

i think they did some okay stuff before this most reasent collection and i own a few pieces.. which maybe isnt my favourie pieces today but i think they had potential. but with the reasent stuff.. i guess i coulnt care less..

Comment

• kofi3159
              • Feb 2009

I personally believe that Diana(founder of AnnHagen) is very talented.
              When the brand started it was cool and not that expensive..
              But the whole trying to match dior prices became a bit much and Diana wisely pull out..
              I am glad the Brand is gone now..
              Coz The new designer just wasnt doing aAnnhagen justice(i.e, AW 09)..
              Hope Diana get back in fashion though..

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                Are you saying that had it not been for totem BBS would be travelling this same road?
                Ooops, did I say that?!
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Sombre
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                  Ooops, did I say that?!
                  You think BBS has no potential? I can't agree with that. While I loathe the presentation ( can't see the clothing properly; everything looks the same; the black-white juxtaposition doesn't fit with the collections) I think the pieces themselves are quite creative and original, once shown in entirety.
                  An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                  I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Micco
                    • May 2009

kofi3159 - I totally agree. I'm looking forward to see what her (Diana) new brand (OPSUNDBAY) will bring to the fashion scene!

Comment

• HWith
                      • May 2007

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                      I think the long sleeved shirt with the elongated "ANNHAGEN" said it all.
                      Actually I bought that one at a press sale for $40 thinking "so cheap, well, why not?". I never liked the piece in stores, but after actually wearing it I've come to like it quite a lot. Hardly anyone notices that it says 'annhagen' and the elongated typing looks quite nice. Other than that the fit is great and the neckline very flattering. The wool is also okay, but I don't remember retail price so I can't say how good it is for the money you were supposed to pay for it. I use it as a simple everyday piece for when I go to school. Anyways, on with this conversation...

I had a quick chat with a friend of mine who has worked a bit for annhagen has some inside info on the label, although I can't confirm that he is 100% trust worthy on the matter. Apparently the main reason for the split between Diana and her label was the fact that management were not pleased by the low quality of many of the garments, the overly styled look and the extremely high prices. Apparently they wanted something more wearable and of higher quality, hence the new 'couture' designer. Old annhagen is not, admitedly, low quality, but the quality doesn't match the high pricepoints. Her twist-seam pants fit very well, her drop crotch pants are the best that I've seen and my favorite pieces of knitwear is a heavy asymetrical merino knit cardigan from that very label. But the pants are simple cotton/elastane mixes and cost $500+ and the cardigan was $1000+ in stores, and even though I've only worn it a few times and been careful, the wool is already starting to look fucked up. It's sad, really, had I paid anything near retail I would have been pissed. I also had the chance to see some of the new pieces at the sale and the quality was much, much better and the silk they used fantastic. Actually I really liked the individual pieces IRL and would have bought some had I been a girl. But I do agree that they are nothing like old annhagen in terms of aesthetic etc.

All in all I'm really hapy with the few selected pieces I got almost for free, but I will not be missing annhagen.

Comment

• armor
                        • Jun 2008

good riddance

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡