• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sethnos
    • May 2009

PART OF HD FINAL PROJECT

hi there,
    it's some mock up of my fashion design HD final project..
    juz want to get some opinion of this sh*ts and make some change before it turns more and more worse

the theme is ruins of madness , which is some dark , brooding style...
    Last edited by sethnos; 05-28-2009, 08:52 PM.
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

welcome sethnos

Are these the only two pieces or are there more?

i worry that you're going to be criticized (on here and by your instructors) that there is little evidence of actual construction. The second piece looks more or less like a single piece of large gauze draped and wrapped around the mannequin. Looks nice but I don't see any actual "work."

The first piece as well. Too much drape on top of drape. The single leg looks really nice as the fabric's texture is lovely... I hope it's not just one leg that you'll be completing though either.

If you have the time, I'd suggest constructing some pieces that have structure to them. A combination of structured pieces with draped ones can have a nice result while keeping with your theme.
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• sethnos
      • May 2009

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
      welcome sethnos

Are these the only two pieces or are there more?

i worry that you're going to be criticized (on here and by your instructors) that there is little evidence of actual construction. The second piece looks more or less like a single piece of large gauze draped and wrapped around the mannequin. Looks nice but I don't see any actual "work."

The first piece as well. Too much drape on top of drape. The single leg looks really nice as the fabric's texture is lovely... I hope it's not just one leg that you'll be completing though either.

If you have the time, I'd suggest constructing some pieces that have structure to them. A combination of structured pieces with draped ones can have a nice result while keeping with your theme.

there will be total 6 outfits for the collection
      About the first pics, in fact .. i juz put 2 outfit's top togeter to see if the outfits can mix and match to wear , a little mess , i will upload some pics which can show them more clear..

and abt the single legs.. juz because it's a mock up ,as waste too much fabrics after many times of adjust the fitting (hope to make it more and more tight and slim , because the fabrics of the pants is ZERO Elasticity , even with bias )
      and that's why i have only sew one legs to check the fit

about the last point , as i said there will be total 6 outfits, right? there will be some tailor jacket(not in a normal way , of cause) and asymmetrical jacket , i got the same idea with you , some tructured pieces outside and with the drapped in the inside.

and last , sorry for my bad english , as i am from ASIA ,

cheers

Comment

• sethnos
        • May 2009

Originally posted by duncan_
        Love the drapey mesh fabric in the last picture, it drapes and looks beautiful.But agree with Chinorlz, unless you put more thought into the construction of the garment, otherwise it's just a piece of fabric drape nicely on the dummy. I would say focus on the second look as I feel it has most potential to evolve to something quite wonderful.

in fact the pics was taken when it was still on the 3D modelling process
        i will upload some finished photos may be later tonight ,

juz concept test of the "drapping look"

i know it's not that good to put some photo which is "still working on process" , i promise i will update some photos of finished garment and the stlying photos ,

Comment

i love the fabrics used.

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

don't apologize, your english is just fine!

Love to see the other pieces. I understand being careful since fabric can be expensive!

can't wait to see the others!

Where are you attending school?
            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• kbi
              • Feb 2009

I think it's either too early to see your concept or you need a better concept.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎