• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ahlefeldt
    • May 2008

The Copenhagen guide

Shops:

Storm:
    Presenting a choice selection of lines such as Dior Homme, Burberry Prorsum and Dries van Noten, Raf Simons, Thom Browne, Ann Demeulemeester, Junya Watanabe and a selection of Alden and Trickers. on the men’s side; and Chloé, Ann Demeulemeester and Haider Ackermann on the women’s.
    Storm also has an excellent selection of magazines, records and art books to

IL:
    Selling clothes from brands such as RAF by Raf Simmons, Martin Margiela, Marc by Marc Jacobs and Rykiel Homme, IL also offers glasses from Cutler & Cross, accessories such as suspenders, cufflinks, socks, gloves and bags. IL also got a small selection of fashion magazines and a few LP's

ParisTexas:
    Paristexas offers items from designers, including Julius, Rick Owens, Alexander Wang, Balmain, Helmut Lang, just to name a few. You should be aware that it's a very small selection.
    • Pilestræde 35

Henrik Vibskov:
    This is the best place to find Vibskov’s own colorful, multi-printed lines, as well as selections from brands including Wendy and Jim, Stine Goya, Bless, Gitte Wetter and Sabrina Dehoff. Not a place to be missed in Copenhagen due to the interior design.
    • Krystalgade 6
    • 1172 Copenhagen

Mads Nørgaard:
    Recently they carried Damir Doma, but because Andrew was the only one buying it, they stopped carrying it. Now the shop only cary brands like Comme Des Garcons Shirt, Paul Smith, Fred Perry and Henrik Vibskov.
    • Amagertorv 15
    • 1160 Copenhagen

Time's Up
    Time’s Up boasts Copenhagen’s largest vintage shoe collection, and the store’s total stock spans from representing 1920s and ‘30s deco designs to ‘50s, ‘60s and ‘70s styles, and even items from more recent pasts.
    The prices are on the higher end as far as second-hand markets go, but considering the quality of and labels on the inventory, it’s certainly justifiable.
    • Blågårdsgade 2
    • Second location: Krystalgade 4

WoodWood
    Carrying their own popular line as well as notable brands such as Comme De Garcons, Peter Jensen, Jeremy Scott, Opening Ceremony, Eley Kishimoto and fashion hero, Bernhard Willhelm.

Hotels

Hotel Skt. Petri
    Hotel Skt. Petri is one of the fanciest hotel in Copenhagen. The hotel sports 268 rooms, decked out in minimalistic and a tricolor scheme designed by Danish artist Per Arnoldi.

Danhostel
    The hostel is located right in the heart of Copenhagen and it’s only a few minutes walk to the Town Hall Sqaure, Tivoli, the Central Station.

Hotel Fox
    Each of the playful 61 rooms in the Fox Hotel was curated by one of 21 artists. Which gives a different touch to each room

Clubs:
    Kødboderne 18:
    Situated in a huge former butcher’s hall in the old meat packing district Kødbyen, Kødboderne 18 or K18 for short, is a relative newcomer to the Copenhagen club circuit. However, their main focus is electronic music, so if you are a total sucker for electronic this is the place to go.

Dunkel:
    Dunkel is the place to go after after 3-4 AM. There's a lot of different types at the club at that hour. Dunkel is also a place where the DJs for the most part play electronic music.
    • Vester Voldgade 10
    • 1552 Copenhagen

Jolene:
    A club inside an old slaughterhouse. Jolene is run by two Icelandic girls, Dora and Dora. Jolene always hosts great DJ's. There's a quiet smoking backroom, and a big main room, where the dance floor is aswell. There's also an outdoor space.

Rust:
    Rust is one of Copenhagen’s oldest and most well established clubs, known for its non-conventional and laid-back reputation. The club is divied in three floors, the thrid floor has a low-key bar and a smoking room. The middle floor is the main part of the club, the biggest dancefloor is here and normally this is where the concerts are going down.
    Thursday, Friday and Saturday, typically featuring a wide range of alternative and upcoming acts. At the basement, you’ll find another DJ room where, depending on the night, you’ll hear anything from electro to hip-hop and soul to keep you moving until the sun comes up.

Vega:
    A concertplace and a club. This is one of the most famous clubs in Copenhagen since it's here you'll find all the big DJ acts. A good thing to know is that the admission is free before 01:00, therefor it's a good idea to show up 30 minutes before, since ther'll be queue. If you come after 01:00 the price is 80 kr.

When it comes to museums and gallerys, I'm probably not the one to ask. Baizilla is better when it comes to this. So ask him for directions.

A place to mention is Cinemateket. Cinemateket is home to the Danish Film Institute and is the premiere place in Denmark to watch-hard-to-find art movies. The forum plays films by theme, like the works of John Huston, James Stewart etc. This is the place to go.

Other danes on the forum feel free to add more to the list.

Last edited by ahlefeldt; 06-04-2009, 08:45 PM.
  • MikeN
    • Nov 2007

This will come in handy!

Comment

Storm are fucking thieves. One of my friends worked there and never got her paycheck for the last month despite harrasing them for 4 months.

Comment

• ahlefeldt
        • May 2008

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
        Storm are fucking thieves. One of my friends worked there and never got her paycheck for the last month despite harrasing them for 4 months.
        Weird, the owner seems like a really nice guy.

Comment

• andrewislasorad
          • Nov 2006

christian, you got me all teary eyed reading that list...serious people this list is legit..some of my favorite places in cph on here. great work...maybe music venues? or some good eats? I'll think of some

Comment

• ahlefeldt
            • May 2008

Originally posted by andrewislasorad View Post
            christian, you got me all teary eyed reading that list...serious people this list is legit..some of my favorite places in cph on here. great work...maybe music venues? or some good eats? I'll think of some
            Was thinking of making good places to eat, but there's so many. It really depends on what you are looking for Venues, i guess Loppen at Christiania, Vega and Rust.

Comment

• radio-aktivität
              • Jan 2011

…bump!

Let’s bump this!

I’ll be there with my friend for the upcoming weekend. Any suggestions? We’ll probably spend our time wandering around and searching for all the Bjarke Ingels and Jacobsen architecture pieces (and the Kastrup Sea Bath by White Arkitekter), but apart from that, we’re open.
              So: where to go, after a cold bath in the Baltic Sea?

Google found me Nagshop, for instance. Some of the aforementioned stores seem to be gone already.

Also: any suggestions for going out? Less clubs, we are more the bar-types. Low light, simple drinks, fuzzy music.

Foodwise, I was advised to check out Osteria 16 and Kødbyens Fiskebar, both in Vesterbro. Looking especially forward to the Osteria, where they serve delicious antipasti and wine from plastic cups (people told me, but that could also be marketing chat)

Comment

• morsto
                • Nov 2008

Quite frankly clothing wise, copenhagen is quite boring now a days.
                The two most interesting are:
                Storm (Store Regnegade 1) - ann, thom browne, givenchy, HBA(!). small selection of each though and their strength is really that they sometimes get cool things from places I don't even know, their buys of ann etc is usually weak.
                Nag (Store Pilestræde 47) - rick, silent and similar. fine store, but small.

You can also check out the Acne flagship store near Storm if you're into that sorta thing. There is also Wood-wood (grønnegade 1, near Storm) which carry cdg play and more streetwear-ish things.

In terms of restaurants your choices are ok, if you want something more central try getting a table at Pastis (popular french bistro, reservation required) and if you want to try the hyped nordic food try getting a reservation at Relæ (michelin starred former noma chef) or Radio.

Nightclubs go to Sunday if you can get in (this can be hard if you are not with girls or don't buy a table) or if you are younger go with Bambi Club. Both are rich kids crowds but IMO the only clubs worth going to.

For good cocktail bars in the inner city visit 1105, Holmens Kanal or The Union.
                I do not recognise the vessel,
                but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• Shucks
                  • Aug 2010

nag store (the one with the somewhat relevant selection) is closing/closed (and did not carry any rick for spring) and copenhagen really doesn't offer much in terms of interesting clothing these days. basically just a ton of blogger-gear everywhere you look.

as for clubs, fuck sunday and other glitzy over-hyped cheese - get your ass to culture box instead for some high quality music. or kb18 if you don't mind it scruffy.

Comment

• kuriz
                    • Nov 2010

Agree with everything morsto said. I have two things to add to his list that I personally think is very enjoyable:

A bar called The Log Lady Café located at Studiestræde 27, 1450 Copenhagen. A small intimate place that fits your "Low light, simple drinks and fuzzy music"-description okay. It's only open until 23.30 afaik but it is low key and a lot of very nice and different types of people comes there.

Also you mentioned wandering and architecture. At the Copenhagen harbor "Københavns havn" a lot of things have happened and recently there was a big food festival at these old unused workshops that have been made into food shops from all over the world. It's located close to Christiania at Trangravsvej 5, Hal 2, 1433 Copenhagen. In the summer (I guess it's still here) evenings you could buy something lovely to eat and sit down outside at the harbor, and there would be a DJ playing electronic, salsa, 80s music - was very nice.

*edit*
                    Yeah Culture Box and KB18 is without a doubt the most awesome places in Copenhagen in my opinion too, but from the message you posted it didn't seem like you were that much into dancing and electronic music :-)

Comment

• radio-aktivität
                      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by kuriz View Post
                      A bar called The Log Lady Café located at Studiestræde 27, 1450 Copenhagen. A small intimate place that fits your "Low light, simple drinks and fuzzy music"-description okay.
                      oh, apparently Trente already played there! then it must be good for me.
                      thanks for the recommendations.

what happened at the harbour sounds a lot like what the people at Aarhus did with their old trainyard. we were there last year, and I’m quite curious how it developed. there are times when we’re almost envy on how some foreign cities fund their culture areas. in our wasteland here, the city council does the exact opposite. but that is a different story.

kuriz,
                      i don’t mind dancing. but usually, I prefer a good bar over a night out going wild dancing. also, most often my bar-hangovers seem more bearable than the club ones. dancings not good for me.

edit: oh, TM404 at the box. maybe i have to reconsider…

Comment

• Shucks
                        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by radio-aktivität View Post
                        maybe i have to reconsider…
                        yes u do.

Comment

• morsto
                          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                          nag store (the one with the somewhat relevant selection) is closing/closed (and did not carry any rick for spring) and copenhagen really doesn't offer much in terms of interesting clothing these days. basically just a ton of blogger-gear everywhere you look.

as for clubs, fuck sunday and other glitzy over-hyped cheese - get your ass to culture box instead for some high quality music. or kb18 if you don't mind it scruffy.
                          Ah, I didn't even know that. Can't really be surprised though. And yes I agree that cph is garbage in terms of interesting clothing, but luckily the girls look reasonably good in their blogger wear anyway

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

The best thing you can do in Copenhagen is to hang out with Shucks, which is what I did two weeks ago.

And it's fucking expensive. But I already said that elsewhere.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• morsto
                              • Nov 2008

Well, I live in cph usually but have lived in Zürich for the past months, and I can tell you I miss the CPH prices on everything. :p fuck this place.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎