X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IV.
    • Jul 2008

Junior Thesis

Last edited by IV.; 06-07-2009, 11:18 PM.
  • eat me
    • May 2009

seems a wee bit more like a compilation of other designers looks, rather than your own unique vision. I might be wrong though, any more pics?

Comment

• Icarus
      • May 2009

Slouchy socks look great.

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Icarus View Post
        Slouchy socks look great.

what?

what the fuck?
        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Icarus
          • May 2009

Breakin' out the LUC/CCP/RO mold, if I may. Slouchy socks around the ankles with dress shoes and "dress" shorts is what I'm gunning for this summer, ala Lanvin SS08. Probably stretch some socks myself.

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

The quality of the workmanship seems pretty decent for a student. however, there is something that bothers me..................and I am sorry it falls on you because you are just one in many. The problem I now have is that it seems most emerging designers now have lost their soul, thier individuality and all that can be produced is just some rehash of the work of existing designers.
            My advice to you guys is simple, your own life and perspective is unique, seek your inspiration from that and allow your individuality to shine through in your own work.............. its much more interesting that way
            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by merz
              'luc/ccp/ro' fall into a mold? whoa, you for real homie?

zam, i hear what you're saying, but by the same token designing to avoid what anyone else is doing very consciously sometimes yeilds shitty results. because poiret was cutting drop-crotch pants 100 years ago, does that mean the lot who followed are uninspired thieves?

shit's got to look cool, i say, and though this guy's stuff does look familiar, 'finding your own voice' shouldn't necessarily be (as it seems to me whenever i see people mentioning it) some kind of a veiled reference to striving diligently to be different.

of course, i'm taking it in a different direction here, but something made to explicitly differ is in no way necessarily superior to something designed to follow.

some of this IV stuff - the jacket in particular - is making me think of 1790s incroyables for some reason, pointed lapelles and all

(by the way, how come no-one is doing that kind of sleeve that cups the palm at the cuff sort of?)

Merz,
              if it seems that my post suggested this, thats not what intended for it to mean.
              I dont think its neccessary to strive to be "different" . what I am saying is that their ought to be something about the work that makes it uniquely yours even if there are references of others in it, something about your personality, worldview or experiences should be projected into the work, after all, is not the work a projection of the designers mind?
              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• BeauIXI
                • Nov 2008

Merz: Thanks for that picture of the incroyable outfit. C'est incroyablement beau!
                Originally posted by philip nod
                somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                  • Mar 2009

(by the way, how come no-one is doing that kind of sleeve that cups the palm at the cuff sort of?)[/QUOTE]

SHHHHHH!! Thats how im cutting my cuffs on my jackets! Hahaha.
                  I have to agree with zamb to some extent.
                  My life experiences are my inspiration. Things that happen to me personaly,and through them i devise a concept and off i go! I have always designed this way.

Its almost a form of therapy for me,and it becomes very personal.
                  Obviously each designer has their own methods of working and how they get inspired.
                  Wether it be by art,architecture,music,nature,certain eras.
                  As zamb says,your work should be an extension of you,your beleifs and character.

Either way,i think the work looks quite good,maybe it is the styling that seems to similar as other designers that we discuss here.
                  I think some more close up pictures of the pieces individually could give us more insight into what your work is about.
                  Rather than some automatically pigeon holing it.
                  merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                    • Mar 2009

fixed it for you

Originally posted by Icarus View Post
                    Breakin' out the LUC/CCP/RO mold, if I may. Slouchy socks around the ankles with dress shoes and "dress" shorts is what I'm gunning for this summer, ala Grandma in tom and jerry cartoons. Probably stretch some socks myself.
                    merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Icarus
                      • May 2009

Gotta try new concepts, or you end up wearing RO hightops.

Comment

• mass
                        • Sep 2006

i also love slouchy socks.

Comment

• larssss
                          • Jun 2008

what happened here, mack told me to check this out, said it was interesting stuff. Would love a re-up

Comment

• Icarus
                            • May 2009

Not sporting.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡