• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ledger
    • Feb 2009

Final exhibition project.

_____
    Last edited by ledger; 02-01-2013, 06:01 AM.
  • Sombre
    • Jan 2009

How direct did that influence have to be? To the point where your name could be switched for the designer's and no one would notice?
    An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
    I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
      How direct did that influence have to be? To the point where your name could be switched for the designer's and no one would notice?
      Come on, don't slam the guy just yet. This is a student exhibition. Everyone has to start somewhere.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Sombre
        • Jan 2009

My previous comment wasn't meant to be negative, although I see it does appear aggressive. I was only trying to ascertain how closely the professor wanted him to follow the designers. I've had mimic assignments to the point where I've been told to use an entire opening paragraph.

Ledger, no hate. From the pics it seems you've fulfilled the requirements of the assignment. I'd wear a few of those pieces myself.

Comment

• eat me
          • May 2009

Any better quality up-close shots? It's always interesting to see the finishing and details. Also, if I'd see this picture somewhere on the net I would immediately think of BBS. It means that look is very well put together and looks really good, but also that there's nothing about you in it, apart from "I liked those pieces so copied them". No one can avoid copying in the modern day, but you need to strive to leave your distinct mark on things.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

feel free to post the rest of the images, etc.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
              • Mar 2009

I think it looks quite good. I wouldnt say the pieces look like BBs from what i can see. More the styling than anything.Maybe some more images that show the garments properly would be good to see.
              Does it say 'Beleive" in Greek on the flag like piece?
              A coating that could help against tear gas would be good!
              As i was caught in the middle of some trouble between some youths and cops in Exarchia(anarchist territory),Athens,over the weekend.
              Quite nasty stuff to say the least,especially when u have had 1 too many beers and running becomes rather difficult.
              merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Avantster
                ¤¤¤
                • Sep 2006

interesting stuff ledger, let's see more. what fabrics have you used?
                let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• move_ment
                  • Feb 2009

like the others, I noticed the bbs reference in an instant. in saying that, your execution is perfect and at an extremely high standard for the current assessment (assuming you are 17 or so).

well done, but next time do yourself a favor and inject something of your own. you need to give yourself the opportunity of failure which wasn't present here.

Comment

• Sombre
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by ledger
                    and just thought id that this is not a uni project its the year like before,so my final things before i go to uni.(foundation year)
                    Oh I thought this was your final university project. Well let me apologise for any harsh words from before. For a pre-uni project this is quite something. The direct references to BBS (unintentional they may be, but they are there) now don't bother me, as I'm sure you'll carve out your own signature during your time at university. This is good stuff.

Comment

• eat me
                      • May 2009

Originally posted by ledger
                      i'm 19, stupid and long winded process that you have to take to get into a art based uni in england gcse,alevels,foundation then uni.
                      which one?

Comment

• Mar 2009

It looks really great. I thought about Raf's ss02 collection at first because of the headwrap/scarves, helmut/ann dem because of the straps and BBS, obviously.

Comment

• hobo
                          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by eat me View Post
                          Any better quality up-close shots? It's always interesting to see the finishing and details. Also, if I'd see this picture somewhere on the net I would immediately think of BBS. It means that look is very well put together and looks really good, but also that there's nothing about you in it, apart from "I liked those pieces so copied them". No one can avoid copying in the modern day, but you need to strive to leave your distinct mark on things.
                          Just a couple of questions;

Firstly, Have you met Ledger? I'm only interested to know because I have met him and on the surface of it, I would say that there is quite a lot of him in this project, quite aside from the sweat and tears.

Secondly, I'd be interested to know exactly which pieces you feel have been copied, as I can see strong influences of several major designers in this project but I can't really see any plagiarism.

Great project Ledger, very strong for someone who hasn't even started fashion college. My only advice would be to show some close-ups. In many ways, these are more important than the hanging shots etc, in which we can't really see much. The devil is in the detail, my friend!
                          "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." — Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
                            • Nov 2007

two cents

Uh, actually, in this case.........I think I actually prefer Ledger's.

Comment

• cjbreed
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Geoffrey B. Small View Post
                              Uh, actually, in this case.........I think I actually prefer Ledger's.
                              if i were ledger this would make me very happy
                              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎