X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jcotteri
    • Jun 2008

Motor Cycles

I feel with the increasing mentions of Ducatis and MV Agusta's (hehe by me) and my ongoing obsession with motorcyles i would love to hear peoples thoughts on bikes or pictures if possible

I am an Italian bike lover, whether it is my favourite Ducati, MV Agusta or other great Italian motorcycles such as the Aprilia, Bimota, or the Moto Guzzi powered Ghezzi & Brian etc.. I love them all in some way or another

Massimo Tamburini, whom i look up to profusely is without question one of the most influential and innovative motorcycle designers ever. Conceiving and developing his ingenious Ducati 916, followed shortly by the MV Agusta f4 (one of my personal favourites) at the Cagiva Research Centre in San Marino Italy and already the co-founder of Bimota (the ta in the Bimota name) and a member of the Cagiva team (now MV Agusta) during the mid 80's, his involvement in Motorcycle design has been both authoritative and inspiring, comparable with the Italian automotive design greats such as Giorgetto Giugiaro, Marcello Gandini,and motor cycle design greats such as Fabio Taglioni who was responsible for the development and adoption of the Desmodromic system of valve operation and Massimo Bordi who was responsible for the evolution of the 2 valve to the four valve cylinder heads.

Though i don't have a bike at the moment i'm keeping a close look out for a fairly priced CBR250rr, yeh i don't have my open license yet so the best choice as far as price, handling and speed..I can't fail to mention the many Japanese bikes, as there is such a long list i wont go into details :/

some pics:

Ducati 916

Ducati 996

Ducati 998

Ducati 999 (aka the Lemon)

Ducati 1098

Ducati 1198

MV Agusta F4 Serie Oro (Gold Series)

MV Agusta F4 1078RR 312

MV Agusta F4CC (Claudio Castiglioni, the managing Director of MV Agusta)

Discuss?
    Last edited by jcotteri; 06-30-2009, 08:06 AM.
    WTB: This
  • jcotteri
    • Jun 2008

Ducati Desmosedici RR

some video:

Ducati 1098R

MV Agusta F4 1078RR 312

Comment

• Alesha
      • Apr 2009

What is there to discuss? Ducatti makes wonderful bikes.

In fact ever since riding one couple of times I dreamed to move to LA or somewhere one can use them as main transportation device (aka somewhere without winter).

I hate the paint job on the however. Matt black paint instead of silly red, and you have ultimate bike.
      Originally posted by interest1
      I'm pulling you off my friends list if you don't put down the vodka.

Comment

• Alesha
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by merz
        they make for wonderful coffins on wheels.
        What is life without excitement death provides?

But on serious note - I ride them on a racing track or to drive to nearby locations outside Moscow (where all the nice mansions are). I do not find bikes particulary comfortable for everyday transport. They are also easy to steal.

However excitement of speeding from 0-100 in 3 seconds... Priceless experience...

Comment

• jcotteri
          • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Alesha View Post
          What is there to discuss? Ducatti makes wonderful bikes.

In fact ever since riding one couple of times I dreamed to move to LA or somewhere one can use them as main transportation device (aka somewhere without winter).

I hate the paint job on the however. Matt black paint instead of silly red, and you have ultimate bike.
          I was referring to bikes in general, i have discussed my favourite now you yours. I can't see any problem with owning a bike and using it just in the summer, it snows where i live and is pretty cold for Australian standards, ie -11 sometimes and i am still getting a bike, mind you it is no where as cold as Moscow.. Brrrr

Also i love the red with white detailing such a beautiful colour. Unfortunately black is hard to come by as it was only produced for a few models like the 1998 916 Senna, 2005 999s, 2008 1098

The 1998 916 was available in yellow along with the 1999 996, 2000 996, 2001 996s, 2002 998, 2002 998s, 2004 999, 2007 1098, 2008 1098 though if you just don't like red

i may have missed a few around the mid 2000's

Comment

• mass
            • Sep 2006

i want a 996

but i really want a yamaha r6

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

this thread is sexy.

This has been my wallpaper for a very long time.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Alesha
                • Apr 2009

This is what I would ride to afterlife.

Matt Black is usually unavailable everywhere, you have to custom paint it. But result is awesome. I am blessed with uncle being a car freak enough to owe a custom design company as hobby business. Matt black Ducati's are... breathtaking... (Matt black Porshe 911 Turbo even more so)

More matt black bikes:

Comment

• BeauIXI
                  • Nov 2008

Alesha! Wonderful!

Myself, I have an old Honda. She's my first bike.

And adore the Triumph Speed Triple, as well as many rat bikes. I prefer the customized street fighter look and feel.. Ride safe!
                  Originally posted by philip nod
                  somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• jcotteri
                    • Jun 2008

great bike, not a fan of rat bikes but please if you like Triumph Speed Triple, check out this Australian custom bike company Deus Ex Machina

Comment

• kompressorkev
                      • Dec 2006

I don't know much about bikes at all, but I would love an Aprilia RSV4 Factory - but i know i don't deserve that much power.

Btw Alesha, 0-100 in 3 seconds, you mean km/h right?! If you mean mph, that's one crazy bike.

Comment

• Who?
                        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by merz
                        they make for wonderful coffins on wheels. saw someone die rather horribly a few weeks ago - he must have thought himself to be entirely too cool for traffic lanes.
                        Yep, a few days ago I watched a biker get hit by truck. Traffic stopped, all you could hear was the poor man screaming. I was talked out of owning a bike after my father took me to visit the spinal injury ward in the hospital. All but 2 patients were there due to motorcycle inflicted injuries.

Although if I did buy a bike it would be a vintage triumph or maybe something like this from zero engineering.
                        WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• Alesha
                          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by kompressorkev View Post
                          I don't know much about bikes at all, but I would love an Aprilia RSV4 Factory - but i know i don't deserve that much power.

Btw Alesha, 0-100 in 3 seconds, you mean km/h right?! If you mean mph, that's one crazy bike.
                          Yes I meant kh/h :) Indeed I am not sure what in the world can make 100mph in 3 seconds.... Not even Jet probably.

Triumphs are pretty nice as I think. In fact this got me to consider that we need a car thread too :)

Bikes are awesome, impractical and dangerous. Much like fashion.

Comment

• Alesha
                            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by BeauIXI View Post
                            Alesha! Wonderful!

And adore the Triumph Speed Triple, as well as many rat bikes. I prefer the customized street fighter look and feel.. Ride safe!
                            I love Hondas :) (And Suzukis)...

Every Russian should buy one!*
                            *I also advertise them

But on serious note, how often you ride it, how can you describe perfomance? It looks very decent (but could use matt black paintjobs).

Comment

• Alesha
                              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by BeauIXI View Post
                              Alesha! Wonderful!

I love Hondas :) (And Suzukis)...

Every Russian should buy one!*
                              *I also advertise them

But on serious note, how often you ride it, how can you describe perfomance? It looks very decent (but could use matt black paintjobs).

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎