X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KodakII
    • Sep 2008

No Editions

I like the concept behind this company, so I thought I would share. Basically, there are a limited number garments produced and only three share the same print. Once the pieces are gone, they are gone. Their womens is definately better than the mens, but unfortunately I find some of it a little pricey. I would love to hear everyones thoughts.

from their website
    no editions _ no duplicates _ no repetitions

men's and women's clothing, accessories and other objects

Every item, style or object presented under the ' no editions ' name is produced only once with a unique print design or other decoration.

Each design or item is part of an online archive -- once an item is sold or otherwise becomes unavailable it is marked - not available - but it remains visible as part of the online series and archive.

The individual print designs are created and grouped in series. Each series is listed online with a title,
    information about the style, material, and the amount of items in this series -- this information is printed on the inside of every item, along with its unique serial number and the ‘ no editions ’ logo.

The differences between print designs within a series are created and developed based on various artistic, personal, aesthetic or sequential criteria, and are not the result of random manual or mechanical finishing.
    The differences can be very visible or very subtle, depending on the series.

' no editions ' print designs are based on specific concepts, comprising one or several series.
    The variety of context and contents mostly originates in the reflection, appropriation, merger, overlay and fragmentation of the continuous visual stream of daily media coverage - text, images and videos.
    Such methods are repeated in the actual digital design process and are part of a new, specifically developed printing process and production method, that allows the immediate realization of prints on fully or half assembled garments.
    The printings on the final garments extend over stitchings, bindings, finishing and edges and result in a very refined and unique look .

All raw materials are selected to ensure the highest quality standard from artwork to final garment and include finest Italian silks, cottons and wools sourced from traditional couture suppliers, Japanese premium selvage and organic denims and finest Italian jerseys.

‘ no editions ’ uses non-toxic, eco friendly inks and printing technology.

The styles and shapes are influenced by simple and geometric patterns and historic forms - poncho, tunic, wrap, kimono, T-shirt - and cut in straight grain or bias to achieve either a looser fit or a body conscious silhouette.

serial numbers / identification code

Every series is attributed a specific date and time duration, every consecutive second of this time
    period is used to create a unique serial number to identify each piece of the series. If a series has as
    duration of 1 minute ( 2007 January 10 - 23 : 30 : 11 to 23 : 31 : 10 ) it has 60 items, each
    one with its own, specific print design and consecutive, unique serial number / identification code printed inside, below the 'no editions' logo.

This serial number / identification code consists of the first letters of a series title, the date, the start time and four consecutive digits at the end, representing the seconds - in above case :
    xxxx_20070110_233011_0001 to xxxx_20070110_233011_0060.

• Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

I posted this a while ago. Coincidentally, I saw the FW09 stuff in Paris and it looked really good.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• KodakII
      • Sep 2008

shit, my bad.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

no, it's ok - i searched for it, but for some reason could not find it. I'll search again.

EDIT: Can't find it - maybe I only meant to post it? Weird. I could've sworn I had. Anyway, the designer behind this is a former Helmut Lang assistant. I meant to go to their showroom in New York, but it slipped my mind. The stuff is beautiful though - the printed silk tees are divine.

Kodak, let me know if you need any info - I can get it for you.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• KodakII
          • Sep 2008

I knew it had some sort of Lang vibe to it. Thanks Faust!!

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
            • Jan 2008

It sounded familiar, but I was thinking of "A moment in",
            which has a bit of similarity in concept.
            Indeed the concept sounds interesting.

Thank you for posting!
            Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
            Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• the breaks
              • Sep 2007

Those pants look cool.
              Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• ANAIKINN
                • Feb 2009

It agree, pants look pleasantly...
                Originally posted by Nick Mason
                One of these days I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

Comment

• metin
                  • Dec 2008

That sleeveless vest is actually washed suede and, let's face it, wouldn't look out of place in many members' closets.

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

some of their womens pieces are beautiful, including the the tops posted above and some of the dresses.

mens is total meh, dont see the point.
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Here are some pictures from AW09

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

More.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

More.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎