X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ahlefeldt
    • May 2008

So Rad

Last night Rad Hourani introduced his slick, futuristic style to a whole new audience with the launch of his Rad by Rad Hourani collection. The intimate presentation at the Soho Grand featured affordable looks in the minimalist Hourani aesthetic as worn by some of the coolest new models in the city. Edgy beauties like the ultra-chic R’El Dade and androgynous Martin Cohn displayed the cutting edge jersey knits and separates to a crowd of in the loop fashionistas. Each and every piece was completely covetable so be sure to get your name on those waiting lists now.

• ahlefeldt
    • May 2008

Comment

• christianef
      • Feb 2009

ha was just going to post this
      Fashion 1080P, 2K, 4K, 8K HD Wallpapers ✓ Must-View Free Fashion Wallpaper Images - Don't Miss ✓ 100% Free to Use ✓ Personalise for all Screen & Devices.

Comment

• gerry
        • Feb 2008

I think the womens' looks look contrived and the mens' looks look silly. When he focuses primarily on the silhouettes of his mainline without the details it ends up looking like a stuff that's already on the market for cheaper and arguably better. (complex geometries, slow and steady wins the race, etc)

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

I dont know what to think of this, and im not even talking about th styling or anything like that.
          i am talking in a purely business sense, why are these young designers whose mainline needs more development, more focus and more effort in reaching a greater audience, doing secondary lines?
          Say what you want Rad, but it IS a second line.............
          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by gerry View Post
            I think the womens' looks look contrived and the mens' looks look silly. When he focuses primarily on the silhouettes of his mainline without the details it ends up looking like a stuff that's already on the market for cheaper and arguably better. (complex geometries, slow and steady wins the race, etc)
            agreed. besides, the whole helmut + rick combo is so obvious that it's becoming irritating.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• comex9
              • Jan 2009

what's up with the shortie shorts... i've see so many girls wearing that recently and now i see these pics with the dudes...

Comment

• kompressorkev
                • Dec 2006

Rad by Rad Simons, coming to a Co-Op near you.

Comment

• coup de grace
                  x
                  • Sep 2006

when did marty cohn go albino?

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

SZ needs a diffusion forum.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BeauIXI
                      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      agreed. besides, the whole helmut + rick combo is so obvious that it's becoming irritating.
                      Exactly. Men's high heels aren't even edgy anymore.

And patent heels is just pushing your luck.
                      Originally posted by philip nod
                      somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• asis
                        • Dec 2008

androgyny needs a break....

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by merz
                          not really. androgyny is a broader term/theme than dudes dressed up in heels.
                          rad's body of work is not particularly compelling, though its nice to think someone can come out of nowhere with a line that is challenging by conventional standards and manage halfdecent sales. kind of gives me hope in a weird way, even if what he's selling isn't anything to write home about.
                          I think fashion needs a different kind of challenge than gender bending, I liked what Chalayan did earlier in his career, I really do think that there are alot of unexplored and underexplored territory that can be brought into a fashion context, he is doing one that is played out already................... and not doing it in a good way

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            SZ needs a diffusion forum.
                            I think we can ignore them altogether, especially the latter ones by these newer designers who arent seeming to put all the effort in thier mainline
                            that why i like people like Ann and Dries, they spent and continue to spend a great deal of time on the mainline, that to divide ones time between two different lines.
                            In my opinion, a designer should only do a second line under two basic circumstances.

1. If the mainline has gained critical acclaim and is not profitable and the acclaim of the mainline ultimately creates a demand for a second line.

2. If the mainline is profitable but does not reach an audience that desired it and dont have the budget for the mainline.

to me neither Robbie Geller or Rad Hourani has gotten to that point as yet, they now run the risk of damaging their brand with unnecessary second lines..............

Comment

• zeitgeistist
                              Banned
                              • Oct 2007

whatev... i still covet the 3 knee slit white jeans

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎