X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aleks
    • Feb 2009

Smoking: cigarettes, cigars, whatever

So I just got my e-cigarette in the mail 2 days ago and I am absolutely loving it. I have strawberry flavor and it is excellent, I love being able to smoke it on the bus and on the skytrain.

For those who don't know, an e-cigarette is a mini vaporizer that vaporizes nicotine liquid that you can buy in bottles or little cartridges. It does not have any tar that cigarettes have, nor any of the chemicals. There are no laws against smoking it in public places and it is not harmful to anybody around you. The liquid comes in many different flavors including Marlborough, Vanilla, Coconut, Coffee etc. I used to smoke Dunhills, but it was getting way too expensive for me, so I got this.

This thread is for people who smoke cigarettes, cigars, cigarillos,pipes, anything to share their personal preferences and for everyone to talk about smoking smoking in general.
  • Jonn
    • Mar 2008

that e-cig stuff is relatively new. dont be so sure about zero tar/chemicals whatsoever. i've read bad things about that in china.

and how lame it is that those come in varies flavors. are they trying to sell to minors?

Comment

• Schadenfreude
      • Jan 2008

i never understood the "flavored cigarettes are for minors" argument. do adults not enjoy flavored things? where do people get the idea that only children enjoy the taste of vanilla, strawberry etc.
      Originally posted by ddohnggo
      fuck, that baby dresses way better than i do.

Comment

• Aleks
        • Feb 2009

Well I mean there is no proof yet that they are nearly as bad for you as real cigarettes are. Thus making them a better alternative than cigarettes. At least in my opinion.

I agree with Schadenfreude that adults should be able to enjoy flavors as well. I don't see why I would have to limit my enjoyment because I am a grown man. I have always liked the taste of vanilla and always will and having it with me wherever I go is wonderful.

Comment

• galia
          • Jun 2009

I don't know, I bought a pack of chocolate flavoured cigarettes once, since chocolate is my favourite thing and they were black which looks pretty neat. After the 3d cig, they made me want to barf and I had to buy a pack of regular cigarettes. I don't think that flavoured cigarettes are really a great option, since the taste is so obviously chemical it's gross. Although I would probably smoke menthols if I dated a non-smoker. Those aren't so bad plus no one wants to bums them at parties

Comment

• galia
            • Jun 2009

davidoff lights
            slightly trashy, but I like that they are all white. I think the brown filter is ugly. I would very much like to smoke black cigarettes, but can't find a brand that does black, except for the gross chocolate ones

Comment

• galia
              • Jun 2009

Oh yeah I forgot about those. I think I'd have to order them online though and I can't really be arsed

Comment

• Aleks
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by new_dawn_fades
                what cigarettes do you smoke?

usually peter stuyvesants or davidoff golds

that or any rollie(american spirit is good baccy)
                I used to smoke Dunhills ot Benson and Hedges 100's

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                  • Nov 2007

padron anniversary 1964 principe maduro + 1926 no. 35 maduro
                  fuente opus x maduro in any size
                  LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Fade to Black
                    • Sep 2008

That e-cigarette is the devil...I saw a lady use one about a month ago, was curious as to how that thing worked...after the explanation I was totally disgusted - how are you supposed to smoke a cigarette if you can't see it physically end?

I smoke Mi-Ne cigarettes and I am no longer much of a cigar smoker as I used to be, but I enjoyed Punch DC's, Punch Punch, PSD4, Cohiba Siglo VI, etc..
                    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• laughed
                      • Jul 2009

Right now and for the past couple years I've been smoking probably the greatest cigarette ever made...The Marlboro Red.
                      Other great cigarettes I have thrown into the rotation...
                      Mild Seven Lights. A lot like parliament lights I would say with some sort of chocolate taste in there, although not flavored.
                      Also smoked some indonesian cloves 1-2-3, non filters, best clove cigs out there. Smoked p-funks for a while. did american spirit for a little, lucky strikes. gitanes. dunhill makes a good cigarette....but really, i have stuck with marlboro, even though for the past week i have really been trying to quit. quitting is so hard. while we have this thread, anyone have any advice on quitting besides the patch or gum, because that just does not work for me. ?

oh, and as far as cigars, I'm a big fan of Punch. Nothing special but a good cigar.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                        • Sep 2008

the marlboro red is indeed a landmark cigarette...I used to be able to smoke those back in college, these days I can only handle one at a time once in a very blue moon.
                        www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• KM80
                          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by laughed View Post
                          i have stuck with marlboro, even though for the past week i have really been trying to quit. quitting is so hard. while we have this thread, anyone have any advice on quitting besides the patch or gum, because that just does not work for me. ?
                          Just willpower, I waited until I had a cold one time because I was never as into smoking when I was sick, so it was just the easiest time to get the ball rolling. I threw the rest of my pack away and told myself that smoking was fucking disgusting and it's not worth slowly poisoning myself to death only to make giant evil tobacco companies more money.

Just try to make a personal challenge out of it, you know it's going to be hard but you just have to be stronger willed than it's influence. Convince yourself that you will basically be a weak easily manipulated piece of shit if you smoke even a puff of a cigarette after you've decided to quit.

I tried the patch and gum on occasions but nothing worked until I was really mentally up to the challenge.

Comment

• Fuuma
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by new_dawn_fades
                            try finding sobraine(sp?) black russians

theyve got a gold filter tip (suave)

When i was in India i found this clove cigarette pack that had matte black cigs
                            but you cant smoke more than one of those a day unless youre indonesian.
                            well I cant anyways.
                            Indonesian clove cigarettes are killer and I could smoke like three in a day at most.
                            Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                            http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• midnight
                              • Mar 2009

This thread is giving me a craving. Camel wides have been my go-to now for about a year. I don't love the filters now that they've changed the blend but the wides taste a bit more like the original blend to me. Occasionally I'll grab a pack of Dunhills or Lucky Strikes to change it up. God I wish they sold LS filters in the US.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎