X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marko
    • Jul 2009

Moving to LA

Okay, so I am moving to LA soon and was hoping to get some opinions from people who might know. I will almost definitely be living by myself. The price is not a huge issue, but I really do not need a very big or fancy place at all. I have been around Echo Park some and I like the area. One of the big issues for me is that I want to be near good places to go out at night- so good bars and places to see shows close by would be nice. As I said I would just like to see what you guys think and would appreciate anything you could tell me.
    • Sep 2008

Hey Marko, I live in Echo Park and I love it. There's lots of great bars, restaurants, and places for live music like the Echo and Spaceland. Not a whole lot of shopping in this area as far as clothes are concerned but David's Sartorial Loft is somewhat nearby in Downtown.

As for bars, there's Cha Cha, The Shortstop, Gold Room (shot and a beer for $4 plus free tacos), Barragans, El Prado, Little Joy (went downhill lately though, they remodeled), etc.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Pinoy
      • Dec 2006

i live in downtown LA.

a ton of great bars– Varnish, Rivera, Seven Grand, and Library are some of my faves.

more importantly, i'm a 10 minute drive from Sartorialoft.

Comment

• Speak
        • Nov 2007

Wow small world, I'm at Seven Grand at least once a week.

Bars also worth mentioning;

The Roger Room, on La Cienega near the Beverly Center (head bartender here opened varnish and seven grand)

Copa D'oro, Santa Monica Promenade

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎