X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • noerml
    • May 2008

need some genuine input (on a wrap)

I didn't really know where to post this, so please Faust, if u find some more appropriate place/thread please be so kind and move it. (the yes or no thread struck me more as a crop or not crop thread ;/ and i'm no student either xD)

anyways i've been obsesses with the drapery oversized scarf/wrap idea for like 3 years now and i'Ve been constantly working on the idea, with several good and serveral not so good outcomes *lol* Especially turning housewife-conform fabrics/yarns into an "***********" looks is kinda a major problem. So recently i've been messing around with dyes and bleeches and all that kind of stuff.
    And i'm really not so sure about the outcome, whether it is ok or not and also what to make better. (in terms of color, shape, patterns etc)
    so if you guys can give me any input i'd really appreciate it, even if it's just a "gay/wtf". Right now the knit is kind of mottled, so basically an option would be to dye it a bit more to lessen the effect, or even get something through and through black. (even though it's kinda lame to add, plz ignore the rest of the outfit..really just some black background)

for those who might be interested the information this is baby alpaka/baby cashmeer/ bamboo blend. The final shape will be yet a bit different, but since i did not decide whether to re-dye or not I did not take the time to clamp/stretch it yet. and naturally there's prolly 3 million different ways to wrap it around..

Last edited by noerml; 09-14-2009, 08:37 AM.
    And through their parting lids there came and went
    Keen glimpses of the inner firmament
  • eat me
    • May 2009

I like it. There. I think you could dye part of the scarf completely black, to create an illusion of it being part of clothing and coloured scarf at the same time. Well, that's a shit explanation, but I think you get what I'm saying.

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

moved this to DIY as thats what it seems to be

I of course like the idea of a wrap/stole as I occasionally use some myself along with drapey cardigans which are kind of similar. I think the shape looks good, but for me personally the colour isn't working, something about the blue makes it look a bit like old lady steez. how about trying to get it either darker or more muted by overdying with black or grey? just a random idea
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• noerml
        • May 2008

Well it's not actually blue..but over-dying a light grey yarn with black dye sort of leads to that kind of blueish, "purple-ish" hue, and the crappy picture enhances that impression

I already decided to re-dye it again....though I don't want it to end up totally black. Also i'll have to be careful about felting, or rather beyond the degree i want it.

oh and about the shape...that's just one way to wrap it..it's more or less just some long scarf (like 5meters xD), though it has some anatomical adjustments and is hence not totally straight.

I like the idea of only dying parts of it in black, but that will probably proof a challenge beyond my means ;-)

Comment

• eat me
          • May 2009

It doesn't have to :). Just suspend it in dye on a hanger or something, halfway into the container. Well, depends on the method you use to dye, I guess.

Comment

• noerml
            • May 2008

well...but then i kind of need some reliable..uh...contraption to keep it over in place over the pot...without uh..dropping down every 10 seconds. ALso i don't want a more or less clean cut color change ;-)
            ah well..i'll work something out... hopefully

Comment

• eat me
              • May 2009

Good luck. If you do, share the result.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰