X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikeN
    • Nov 2007

WWD: Raf Loves NY

RAF LOVES NY: Raf Simons chief executive officer Stefano Martinetto came to New York this week in search of a site for a future store and to promote the brand’s new focus on the United States. SoHo is the desired location, and the concept could mirror the two Sterling Ruby-designed Raf Simons stores in Osaka and Tokyo. Martinetto also hopes to eventually roll out a Raf by Raf Simons concept like the shop-in-shop at La Rinascente. The U.S. is clearly a priority for the company, which recently entrusted its European and North American publicity to New York-based PR Consulting. It also is running its first U.S. advertisements this fall in VMan and Interview. “We are committing to an advertising and p.r. strategy to help our retailers here,” said Martinetto. “It’s a huge effort for a small company like ours.” He also hinted at additional brand collaborations in the near future. Raf Simons already has partnerships with Fred Perry and Dr. Martens.

• merkuri
    • Sep 2009

shit i wish this was 4 years ago. would be wonderful if raf by raf became an archive/repro line of his older more "youthful" creations.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
      RAF LOVES NY: Raf Simons chief executive officer Stefano Martinetto came to New York this week in search of a site for a future store and to promote the brand’s new focus on the United States. SoHo is the desired location, and the concept could mirror the two Sterling Ruby-designed Raf Simons stores in Osaka and Tokyo. Martinetto also hopes to eventually roll out a Raf by Raf Simons concept like the shop-in-shop at La Rinascente. The U.S. is clearly a priority for the company, which recently entrusted its European and North American publicity to New York-based PR Consulting. It also is running its first U.S. advertisements this fall in VMan and Interview. “We are committing to an advertising and p.r. strategy to help our retailers here,” said Martinetto. “It’s a huge effort for a small company like ours.” He also hinted at additional brand collaborations in the near future. Raf Simons already has partnerships with Fred Perry and Dr. Martens.

http://www.wwd.com/fashion-news/fash...9824?full=true
      Translation - "we are now in the business of making suits."

I think iSuck just got wet.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by merkuri View Post
        shit i wish this was 7 years ago. would be wonderful if raf by raf became an archive/repro line of his older more "youthful" creations.
        Fixed.

What you say quite ironic, because if you read the press releases at the time of the raf by raf launch, that was exactly what the label was supposed to do.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• merkuri
          • Sep 2009

^ i know i realized that after posting but it obviously never happened.
          became fail-inspired tees and more jeans that the world doesn't need.

checked out the new raf suits firsthand and don't see any reason why isaia or corneliani or some other shit wouldn't still be preferable.

Comment

• Catfood
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            Fixed.

What you say quite ironic, because if you read the press releases at the time of the raf by raf launch, that was exactly what the label was supposed to do.
            The first season at least had some pieces that where like that, I have a hoodie from the first Raf by raf collection with a hood with lots of zippers on it that is very similar to a piece he did for his mainline.

Only bad thing about that hoodie is that the quality isn't very good and the color faded really quickly.

Comment

• Fade to Black
              • Sep 2008

I can't blame him and got nothin' against for just trying to keep a grip on the bottom line, that said...

fuck the common projects collab shoes that are gonna come out with this, the brioni suit collabs, and the resulting iSuck outfits that are gonna come with this. fuck all that shit
              www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎