X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Magician
    • Jul 2008

Wanted: Clothes from Student and Upcoming Designers

So a good friend of mine (Paul Thornley of U.S. Royalty) is starting a fashion/photography quarterly based out of Washington DC. We're really excited about the project and have some great people to work with, however a very shoestring budget. For the shoots much of the clothing will be coming from our personal wardrobes but we'd love to have more to work with - that's why I'm soliciting pieces from student and DIY designers. We can't promise much in the way of money but it could be great exposure, having your pieces worn and photographed by some of the most interesting east coast people outside of NY. Taking them on loan (returning them after the shoots) would be fine and we can take care of all the shipping hassle. If anyone would be interested in getting your pieces viewed by a wider market,please let me know!

DC has a small but vibrant art and music community that is really growing and the focus will be on shoots with interesting performers and artists in the area. There will be a minimum of editorial or written comment as we want to let the visuals nature of photography and fashion speak for itself.

We're well aware that the market is saturated with these types of publications, but they are mainly focused on traditional "stylish cities" like Ny and LA, and we think there is a niche for a sufficiently sophisticated publication in DC.
    Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.
  • Wiggles
    • Sep 2008

i'd be interested, but is there any style/gender/whatever of the clothing you're looking for in particular?

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Yes, FREE gender, FREE style, FREE whatever.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Magician
        • Jul 2008

Wiggles, I will PM you.

Faust, if you have a problem with this solicitation feel free to take it down. This has nothing to do with getting free clothes (or even making money) which is why we are more then happy to return the clothes after the shoot.
        Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• Sombre
          • Jan 2009

^I think he was just joking.
          An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
          I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• agentred
            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Magician View Post
            So a good friend of mine (Paul Thornley of U.S. Royalty) is starting a fashion/photography quarterly based out of Washington DC...

DC has a small but vibrant art and music community that is really growing and the focus will be on shoots with interesting performers and artists in the area. There will be a minimum of editorial or written comment as we want to let the visuals nature of photography and fashion speak for itself.
            I'm sure you know what you're doing but I worked on several (relatively large) magazines and one of the things I learnt was to appeal to more people in any given situation, not less. So just putting in pictures will probably alienate kids who've never heard of the designers and don't know why the pieces are important/stylish.

Writing can be a great way to provide that engagement, through unique knowledge or a witty style or opinionated contributors etc. and the best part is that writing is one of the cheapest content fillers available!

You should throw this up on one of the other boards, there are probably lots of fashion photographers/writers/magazine contributors/bloggers on sz who can share their experiences/mistakes/tips for budding zines.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎