X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • merkuri
    • Sep 2009

Bad News Thread

Thought per the perseverance comments the other day, it was a good time to start a thread for genuinely crap on goings. Not I bought shoes a size too small but real "life sucking" examples.

I'll start.

I have two clients who are millionaires, each who are trying to crap out on their bills, which is about a collective month of my operating expenses. On top of this, I have money in the business account but receivables are at their lowest in 5 years. I am pretty fucked right now.
  • genevieveryoko
    • Sep 2009

Merkuri, sounds like really bad news...
    http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

Do we really need a thread like this?
      and for the record, I am not being sarcastic, uts really an honest question.......................
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• genevieveryoko
        • Sep 2009

i wasn't being sarcastic either.

what's bad news is this thread.

for money worries see recession support group in shopping & personal style.

Comment

• Fade to Black
          • Sep 2008

hmm....where on earth to start?

agree with zamb though, the last thing anybody going through tough times needs is further reinforcement and confirmation that shit is happening. if anything there should be a good news/stories thread as mental and spiritual support in the midst of dire days...
          www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

i suggest we have a "What made you happy today" and "What made you annoyed today" thread for all those things non fashion related. It's there to let us vent, encourage eachother and get to know eachother in other areas than fashion. Maybe it would work well to reduce the flame wars in here. we have it in other forums, and it is really nice. just a suggestion.

Comment

• genevieveryoko
              • Sep 2009

sounds like summer camp

Comment

• Sombre
                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                i suggest we have a "What made you happy today" and "What made you annoyed today" thread for all those things non fashion related. It's there to let us vent, encourage eachother and get to know eachother in other areas than fashion. Maybe it would work well to reduce the flame wars in here. we have it in other forums, and it is really nice. just a suggestion.
                As long as it doesn't take the form of "he/she didn't call me back and now I'm upset." Just don't make it sound like "Heart and Soul" on tFS. That melodramatic garbage is sickening.
                An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

my personal perspective is that there ought to be a separation between the internet and real life, I think that one ought to look to family and friends for personal/ moral support and encouragement through tough times and while many of us here are friends/ associates in real life, there are some things that should really be left out of a fashion forum.................
                  “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                  .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• cjbreed
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by merkuri View Post
                    I have money in the business account but receivables are at their lowest in 5 years. I am pretty fucked right now.

what's a "receivable"???

dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

receivable equals how much money is left to buy ccp
                      One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• cjbreed
                        • Feb 2009

i'm fresh out of receivables then
                        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Johnny
                          • Sep 2006

hey i just just thought of an accounting/ccp joke (quite a narrow category of joke I grant you). whats the difference between receivables and ccp? receiveables get discounted. that's shit.

Comment

• DRRRK
                            • Aug 2009

Fitting

Comment

• Oh weh mir
                              • Oct 2008

I think a pretty interesting discussion is born from this. Is this really a fashion forum or is it a lifestyle forum? We have pretty sizable threads that focus on music, art, literature, everything from what we eat, drink, and smoke to what we like and dislike about this forum itself.
                              We buy and sell things here, we talk about the work we do and even the random acts of kindness we see preformed. We agree, we disagree, and we ban people when they become disagreeable.

I don't know if the reactions to this thread are appropriate because no one said 'bad news' was limited to fucked finances. I spend enough time here that if my dog dies, or I loose a limb or something, I'll probably feel like posting something, but I'm not going to start a separate thread about it. I agree with SombreResplendence on his last remark, and I don't think SZ is anyone's private blog or livejournal or some shit. I don't know, maybe this is the sort of thing that moderators need to weigh in on.
                              Originally posted by AVALANCHE
                              is this an example of how not to wear ccp?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎