• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SHYE_POSER
    • Mar 2009

Georgy Baratshvili

SS10

Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket
    merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.
  • SHYE_POSER
    • Mar 2009

AW09PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
    merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
      • Mar 2009

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Comment

some rather interesting ideas, but sortof lack of substance somewhere. I would love to see the shapes more refined and tailored. There's always something i see the need to tweak. I like the crossed front scoop neck shirts.

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

Its interesting, but i dont know if his vision of "men" fits into my worldview...............
          thanks for posting SP,
          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• jcotteri
            • Jun 2008

are those sandals in the first looks his? How do they stay fastened at the front?

not bad imo, I like the elasticised pocket pants on the fw collection for some reason.
            WTB: This

Comment

• LupinTheFourth
              • Aug 2009

No.

Overall:
              What's the catch?
              No sir, I don't like it.
              It's way too girly and the poses/model doesn't help a bit.
              modern man

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                • Mar 2009

Just a bit of background info on georgy.
                Born and bred in Moscow,where he studied fashion design at college and worked as a costume designer, aswell as a proffesional dancer.
                Came 2 uk ( same old story, lcf then csm).
                Won 2 competitions by puma. The first of which was to create a new trainer,and then a bag for the jamaican olympic team (shall upload images soon.) The trainers selling out in all stores within a week.Aswell as collaborating with Preen.
                His main inspiration for his clothing comes from his dance background,hence very loose tops,and non restricting trousers.
                His choice of fabrics is highly commendable.
                Beautiful soft silk jerseys which have almost a liquid type look and feel.
                His cutting skills are second to none and everything is done by him,from concept through to construction.
                Its great to see a "london club kid" doing not so obvious club kid clothing (a'la pugh,holland,cassette playa etc)
                I personally feel he is one to keep a close eye on.

Comment

• LupinTheFourth
                  • Aug 2009

I sense a bit of the same vibe here as i do with Romain Kremer.
                  modern man

Comment

• reborn
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by JoniF
                    I'm interested in the sheer wrapping that he's wearing around his torso.
                    buy some silk chiffon at your local fabric store; shred it and criss cross it over your body....it think that was a project runway challenge.

Comment

• jgan85
                      • Apr 2008

^ like these pants..
                      ________
                      Motorcycle Tires
                      Last edited by jgan85; 04-05-2011, 08:28 PM.

Comment

• galia
                        • Jun 2009

The dancer theme is pretty obvious imo. I think it's pretty, but way too feminine for menswear

I really wonder how some of those sandals work

Comment

• diamonds
                          • Dec 2006

im pretty sure they're just combat boots with the sections cut out

Comment

• jhaime
                            • Nov 2009

again, i do not understand the jibes at Georgy being 'too feminine'...if classic menswear with a fluid twist is feminine, then what the hell is Damir Doma?

People refer to Georgy's fabric selection, but then Damir produces full length silk capes...

For me personally, his introduction has been very solid, he offers something different to the current mens mould and I shall be ordering a couple of those tee's and perhaps the voluminous pocketed trousers.

There's a market for this and while my aesthetic certainly doesn't tie in with luxe sportswear, there's enough here within this capsule line to appeal to a decent, varied demographic.

no?

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                              • Mar 2009

/\ Agree.....

You do bring across some very valid points.
                              As some one that has handled and tried on and own pieces from georgy aswell as doma.
                              I can honestly say that the construction,finishing and fabrication in georgys work pisses on anything doma has produced to date.
                              I strongly suggest you order those trousers,the second ones pictured have a mesh layer over the top,and are fantatstic.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎