X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • droogist
    • Sep 2006

Thimister named guest designer at Paris couture shows

Kinda weird that the Independent seems to be the only official English-language news outlet to report this...anyway, good news:
    Thimister named guest designer at Paris couture showsTuesday, 24 November 2009

Dutch couturier Josephus Thimister, Balenciaga's artistic director in the 1990s, is to be guest designer at the January haute couture shows in Paris, the French Couture Federation said Monday.

The federation invites fashion houses to show collections at its twice-yearly catwalk presentations even though they do not meet the full criteria of couture.

Last season's were Beirut-based Rabih Kayrouz, who has worked at Dior and Chanel, and who had just opened a show room in Paris, and French label Alexander Matthieu, founded by Alexandre Morgado and Matthieu Bureau.

Thimister, born in Maastricht in 1962, worked for Balenciaga's luxury ready-to-wear lines from 1991 to 1997 before setting up his own house.

France's Fashion Dictionary said that at Balenciaga he "contributed through his minimalist style and great skills in cutting in modernising the house's image."
    http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/fashion/news/thimister-named-guest-designer-at-paris-couture-shows-1826718.html

• Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Holy shit. I thought he's gone forever. Now bring back Jurgi Persoons and restore the balance of force in the universe.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

i was just coming over to post this, fantastic news.
      Here's a link to the little Thimister thread we have,
      for anyone who's not familiar with his work.
      ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎