• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Damsel in Distress

From NYTimes
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • Fuuma
    • Sep 2006

I like that look (obviously since I sometimes dress like the male version). Now that it's been in the NYT I assume it's over and we should move to spacesuits or something?

I nearly purchased an orange wool suit today, still thinking about it...
    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• coup de grace
      x
      • Sep 2006

obv this means dudes should wear skirts

i hear luc made a nice one this season

Comment

• Fuuma
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by coup de grace View Post
        obv this means dudes should wear skirts

i hear luc made a nice one this season
        To really counterbalance it men should wear summer dresses with nice floral prints.
        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Sombre
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
          I like that look (obviously since I sometimes dress like the male version). Now that it's been in the NYT I assume it's over and we should move to spacesuits or something?

I nearly purchased an orange wool suit today, still thinking about it...
          Prisoner fashion is a no-no.
          An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
          I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

I don't think that this is necessarily a Gender thing as it is a purely pragmatic evolution where fashion is catching up with the need and the lifestyle of the modern individual. the whole frou frou dressing for women in todays world is nonsense and largely one of the reasons why when I designed womenswear it had little or no "evening/ formalwear involved.

I was having a discussion with my Pastor a couple of months back, where he said that he believed that women should wear "flowing dresses" I asked him if he thought that in todays world, where women are doing thje same or similar kinds of jobs as men, if he thought it a practical thing for them to do...............to this day we still diagree.
            the fact is that people will buy clothes that fit into thier lifestyle, and more and more the lifestyle of women does not require some of the things that have largely been promoted by the fashion industry as "must have items"
            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Alesha
              • Apr 2009

I have a feeling that this is just next logical step in evolution of female sexuality. First women tried to dress like men, than it became chic to look like a young boy, now it just became trendy to dress like a edgy boy. Women mimicry well to perverted tastes of modern society.
              Originally posted by interest1
              I'm pulling you off my friends list if you don't put down the vodka.

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Alesha View Post
                I have a feeling that this is just next logical step in evolution of female sexuality. First women tried to dress like men, than it became chic to look like a young boy, now it just became trendy to dress like a edgy boy. Women mimicry well to perverted tastes of modern society.
                how so?
                is there not an aspect of clothing/ dressing that is not related to sex/ sexuality?

Comment

• dolochov
                  • Aug 2009

in addition, quite interesting how every woman quoted in the article states without being asked that she looks sexy in that look regardless how boyish it looks.

Comment

• Alesha
                    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                    how so?
                    is there not an aspect of clothing/ dressing that is not related to sex/ sexuality?
                    Actually there are aspects not related to sexuality. However what I meant zamb is that from sociology point of view, fashion always mimicried current general mood in society. I called it evolution for simplicity, iteration would suit better, but this one is much more boyish one than ever before. I am strongly in favour of opinion that this will only escalade in future untill nearly every woman on earth mimicries teenage boy. And reason for it is the way fashion industry operates and it's general make up.

When Chanel dressed women in suits it was to show equality, after half a century of emancipation women got back to become junior sexual partner at least in the outlook. I first started to notice it in Dior Homme back in Hedi era, rock theme is just more sexually agressive to express and more appealing to glossy readers.

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

Actually there are aspects not related to sexuality. However what I meant zamb is that from sociology point of view, fashion always mimicried current general mood in society. I called it evolution for simplicity, iteration would suit better, but this one is much more boyish one than ever before. I am strongly in favour of opinion that this will only escalade in future untill nearly every woman on earth mimicries teenage boy. And reason for it is the way fashion industry operates and it's general make up.

When Chanel dressed women in suits it was to show equality, after half a century of emancipation women got back to become junior sexual partner at least in the outlook. I first started to notice it in Dior Homme back in Hedi era, rock theme is just more sexually agressive to express and more appealing to glossy readers.
                      I don't think this will happen, while I do like this look, no necessarily for sexual reasons but for purely pragmatic purposes. I don't think it will become wider than a small segment of the population.

the stores and many (majority) of the clients will still want dresses and frou frou, and as a result designers will continue to make that, or go against it to the detriment of their businesses.

when Chanel dressed women in suits she did it because she recognized the economic benefits of doing such things and not to show anything more than how much she could take to the bank in doing so................ we always want the philosophical and poetic story, but the truth often comes down to $$$ and the other arguments just being sugar coating..........
                      Last edited by zamb; 01-05-2010, 07:47 PM.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

I don't think that this is necessarily a Gender thing as it is a purely pragmatic evolution where fashion is catching up with the need and the lifestyle of the modern individual. the whole frou frou dressing for women in todays world is nonsense and largely one of the reasons why when I designed womenswear it had little or no "evening/ formalwear involved.

I was having a discussion with my Pastor a couple of months back, where he said that he believed that women should wear "flowing dresses" I asked him if he thought that in todays world, where women are doing thje same or similar kinds of jobs as men, if he thought it a practical thing for them to do...............to this day we still diagree.
                        the fact is that people will buy clothes that fit into thier lifestyle, and more and more the lifestyle of women does not require some of the things that have largely been promoted by the fashion industry as "must have items"
                        Send your Pastor to Mother Russia circa 1917.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by dolochov View Post
                          in addition, quite interesting how every woman quoted in the article states without being asked that she looks sexy in that look regardless how boyish it looks.
                          i find nothing interesting in that at all. it's a woman's job #1 as defined by society and by many women themselves.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Alesha
                            • Apr 2009

I don't think this will happen, while I do like this look, no necessarily for sexual reasons but for purely pragmatic purposes. i don't think it will become wider than a small segment of the population.

the stores and many (majority) of the clients will still want dresses and frou frou, and as a result designers will continue to make that, or go against it to the detriment of thier businesses.

when Chanel dressedf women in suits she did it because she recognized the economic benefits of doing such things and not to show anything more than how much she could take to the bank in doing so................ we always want the philosophical and poetic story, but the truth often comes down to $$$ and the other arguments just being sugar coating..........
                            it won't happen overnight, that I will not argue, nor the frou frou will be absolutely exterminated.

Comment

• Johnny
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              i find nothing interesting in that at all. it's a woman's job #1 as defined by society and by many women themselves.
                              huh? it's a woman's number one job to look sexy?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎