• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Collateral Second Iteration

Collateral 2010 Select Images:

Full lookbook with descriptions will be available in pdf format on the website soon!
    Last edited by Chinorlz; 02-13-2010, 08:17 PM.
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "
  • snafu
    • Apr 2008

well done albert, congratulations.

Comment

• delirium
      • Sep 2008

nice.
      construction in the teaser shot looks great.

Comment

• Enaml
        • Apr 2009

Can't wait to see more. This looks great.
        How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• mortalveneer
          • Jan 2008

Based on this and the other pics, I will join in the congratulations. Well done!
          I am not who you think I am

Comment

• Oh weh mir
            • Oct 2008

I've enjoyed watching your concept and workmanship evolve. Looking forward, hoping to see more pieces of elephant.
            Originally posted by AVALANCHE
            is this an example of how not to wear ccp?

Comment

• martin
              • Jul 2008

Agree with all above, looking forward to see more.

Comment

• pierce
                Banned
                • Aug 2009

Well done Chinorlz and best of luck with everything.

Comment

• delphine
                  • Sep 2009

Originally posted by delirium View Post
                  nice.
                  construction in the teaser shot looks great.
                  I read people saying stuff like this occasionally here and I wonder if you really know what good construction is. It's certainly not anything you can ascertain from this photograph. Perhaps some of the designers or buyers here could fill in a bit.

This does seem like a good looking hoodie!

Comment

• delirium
                    • Sep 2008

you're right. my statement is kind of ambiguous.

what i mean is the construction method looks interesting from the teaser shot...
                    but the actual construction could be terrible for all i know...

it still looks good though :)

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Thank you all for the kind words! I hope the rest of the collection is up to par :)

A number of the pieces from this collection were patterned off of creating molds of my body allowing me to develop some interesting patternwork such as seen in the hood of the photograph above and in pieces such as the anatomic gloves that have been shown here earlier.

The construction as delphine says needs to be seen in-person to be attested to not just for my work but for all those in general. On some more basic pieces you can see the work through details and close-up shots like on MA+ belts and such. Otherwise, handling the goods in person does so much more than static images.

Some have inquired about details of the jacket so here is some information before some nicer shots can be posted:

Jacket exterior is wool/cashmere/mohair
                      Jacket interior is 100% cotton lining with sections of custom Indian batik generating a "neural" look and approximation of the central nervous system. The same batik is utilized for an internal Napoleon pocket placed and shaped like the cardiac silhouette.

Zipper is RiRi

Sleeves are two piece construction with curving seams and a slight jut and angle at the elbow before the seams curve around the forearm to fit naturally while allowing the jacket to be very form fitting yet comfortable.

Really excited to have this coming close to delivery/fruition. Only took me a damn year

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                        • Nov 2007

This looks sick Albert. Post more pics pronto!
                        LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• delphine
                          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by delirium View Post
                          you're right. my statement is kind of ambiguous.

what i mean is the construction method looks interesting from the teaser shot...
                          but the actual construction could be terrible for all i know...

it still looks good though :)
                          Oh, I see. I still think it would be a good discussion to find out what people consider good or bad construction/quality.. some of can even be a bit subjective so I'm curious what the most important points are for different people. But this is maybe not the place.. perhaps we can start a thread sometime dedicated to that.

Thank you, Albert, for that. I hope I can see your work in person sometime!

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by wire.artist
                            what he said.

A, is Collareral still a one man operation?
                            It certainly still is... as they say, good help is hard to find! A lot of what I do is stored in my head and I also just don't have time to explain things to someone new. i've tested some seamstresses locally and have been disappointed. The search may continue later on... but not for now.

more photos to come soon... once I get a day off and the right venue, we'll be shooting all the pieces. They'll be up on here the moment everything is ready!

The plan for this season is for each store to receive the full collection so that everyone can see/handle/try on the pieces in-person and then may place an order based off of that. I know that it can certainly be difficult to want to place an order purely on a photograph. Clothing is inherently a tactile product so handling everything is what it's all about! I think this method will allow everyone to get a what they'd like and also allows me to produce exactly what is needed as there are unfortunately only so many hours in the day

Comment

• klue
                              • Apr 2009

It's looking great Chinorlz, the construction on that hoodie looks very sharp and I can't wait for the opportunity to handle some of your pieces myself.

And the fact that you're doing this all on your own is very admirable to say the least.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎