X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MaxM
    • Sep 2009

Globalization

"Do you think globalization has resulted in the exportation of too much american culture?"

It's actually the topic of my mid-term english essay but i found it to be very interesting.
    Also i would like to know what native americans have to say about this

Having given the matter some thought, my main idea was that the problem is the exportation of american consumerism, meaning mass consumption according to some marketing schemes...

WTB : http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...ad.php?t=16112
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MaxM View Post
    "Do you think globalization has resulted in the exportation of too much american culture?"

do you always get essays on questions of rhetorical nature?

It's actually the topic of my mid-term english essay but i found it to be very interesting.
    Also i would like to know what native americans have to say about this

they have been killed off a long time ago.

Having given the matter some thought, my main idea was that the problem is the exportation of american consumerism, meaning mass consumption according to some marketing schemes...

we don't export anything the masses in other countries don't want.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      we don't export anything the masses in other countries don't want.
      Are you denying that there's a cultural hegemony? I mean I don't want to get in an argument over an English mid-term, but I disagree.
      Originally posted by jogu
      i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ProfMonnitoff View Post
        Are you denying that there's a cultural hegemony? I mean I don't want to get in an argument over an English mid-term, but I disagree.
        I am not denying that there is cultural hegemony. But it's not forced on anyone. No one is coming into your country and dictating what you should listen to, what movies you should watch, etc. The masses worldwide are stupid, whether it's USA or France or Iran, and America is the best in the world at producing mass culture.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎