X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eternal
    • Mar 2007

To drink or not to drink?

I think this could be a great never ending discussion, but I would like to understand every single opinion out there. Lately I have been thinking about stopping drinking, because what it does to my body can hardly be any good ( although they claim a glass of wine a day is healthy).

I´m pretty much over drinking stuff for the sake of drinking, and I only drink alcoholic beverages I really like. I could quit drinking random beer at this moment, same goes for most spirits, but I feel I will be missing out on a lot of beer, some whiskeys and most importantly, wine.

To drink or not? Why do you choose to drink, or not to drink?
    For me I´m most afraid to be let out because of the cultural aspect of drinking, but I don´t think it´s a great culture aspect that you have to get drunk every time you´re going to have some fun.

Please let me know if this thread is inappropriate, or just not needed.
  • Fade to Black
    • Sep 2008

I have a beer or two a month just 'cause.

But on the whole, I don't drink or do drugs cause there isn't much need to, in my individual case. I'm crazier as my usual self than anybody I've ever seen on either of the above.
    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• DRRRK
      • Aug 2009

I will have a few beers when I'm going out with friends. And when I have a few beers I will be smoking too. I guess that I'm the typical social drinker because I rarely drink at home when there are no guests. Some of my friends drink every day, not excessively, but anyway, they don't spent any evening without a drink. I couldn't imagine myself drinking regularly. Like FTB, I think I'm crazy enough when I'm sober and I don't need alcohol or drugs for being creative, relaxed or more open-minded.
      I just enjoy a drink or two with friends, but I don't have to get drunk on these occasions. Still, if it happens, why not. There's no need to quit drinking if you enjoy it and if you're able to control it.

Comment

• ddohnggo
        • Oct 2006

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• mortalveneer
          • Jan 2008

My love of fine wine and rare sour ales consistently vies for supremacy in my expenditures with arte povera ish...

so yes, I drink.
          I am not who you think I am

Comment

• francojean23
            • Sep 2008

about six months ago , on a weekend bender i got crazy acid reflux that lasted for a month , couldn't drink along with not being able to eat a multitude of foods including anything spicy . i ended up not drinking for nearly 4 months , now just about the only thing i'll drink is guinness , low acidity and low carbonation , even then it's just on the weekends , and only 3-4 max. can't say i really miss the much larger volumes of alcohol i used to consume

Comment

• Raw
              • Oct 2009

I only drink when I go to clubs, parties, etc. So I'm more of social drinker, maybe once of twice a month these days. For me there's no point in drinking at home or with dinner. I don't think alcoholic beverages taste any better than non-alcoholic so I don't see the point of adding toxins into my body if I'm not having a night out. I do find that I tend to enjoy myself more and am more outgoing when I have a few drinks at a club though.
              So I guess for me a few times a month is ok but definately not more than once a week. There's no need to quit completely, just drink in moderation. On a personal note, I'm naturally a fairly big guy and need to work hard to keep in shape so that's another reason I try to minimize my alcoholic intake because alcohol makes it harder to stay in shape aswell.

Comment

• scott.m
                • Mar 2009

I WANT TO LIVE

THIS ONE GOES OUT TO THE TRUE STRAIGHT EDGE,

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

I like drinking..........not too much. I think more than anything, one ought to be disciplines in everything they do, so as not to cause damage to oneself and others. I do have a glass of wine, champagne or a beer when I go out and i am in an environment where its being served. I also have different kinds of wines, beers, etc at home that I indulge in if I feel like it............ sometimes when I am reading, or just to wind down a hectic day. I NEVER get drunk though, as if I ever feel a little tipsy, that when I stop. regardless of where I am at. the kind of stupidity I see manifested in drunkenness is not the kind of behavior I ever want to manifest, so............no drunkenness for me
                  “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                  .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• kuugaia
                    • Feb 2010

I have not acquired the taste for alcohol. Not because I haven't had the opportunity but because I chose not to. It's an expensive hobby over time that is, generally speaking, counter productive in comparison to what else you could be doing with the time and money. Although having a drink for social occasions is fine and sometimes required, drinking till your drunk is never a good option.

You don't need to quit drinking. You just need to quit getting drunk.

I'm with FTB. I've never even tried a cigarette even though my parent was a heavy smoker (even asked me to try a cigarette). I just like looking at the long term.

Comment

• Raw
                      • Oct 2009

I agree, smoking does nothing but stink up your breath and your clothes...Besides all the damage to your health that is.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                        • Sep 2008

I smoke cigarettes and the odd habano...I firmly believe in the adage that you gotta have some form of vice in your life...
                        www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• polishmike
                          • Jan 2007

In '99 I got in a fight with Karl from Earth Crisis because he kicked my friend in the head (I shit you not). It took 3 punches to put him on the floor and I was pissed drunk. I single-handedly proved that straight edge is stupid :D Cheers

Comment

• mass
                            • Sep 2006

one, thirst; two, worms; three, death

Comment

• gnarjen
                              • Oct 2009

Bought a bottle of Cisco (name ring a bell to anyone?) strawberry yesterday because 10 years ago when I was 17 we drank it a lot.. now it just tasted horrible.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎